cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just saw my report..where do I begin???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw my report..where do I begin???

My scores are 645, 629 & 562..Its bad, but not quite as bad as I was anticipating...

So now its time to clean up this mess...so I need some tips on where to begin..

1. I have 11 collections for medical bills..Some for as little as $28, isn't that pathetic...
Should I just send the money or should I start with the letter stating that "I'll send you your money if you agree to wipe it off my report". what's the proper course for smaller debts? Some are repeat collectors with 3 different dollar amounts..

2. I have 4 listed under "Other - Exact category is unknown"..They all state medical debt and the dollar amount but not who they are from..so how can I pay these if I dont know who to pay? One is even listed as $0 derogatory, late 120 days but has a zero balance..HUH???

3. My Husband has much less neg on his report but has lower scores due to bad payment history with credit cards...We have paid all these down to $0 balances, however, not all agencies are listing as paid, just current. The accounts were all charged off at one point. Do I contact them and ask them to report as paid or should I send a letter? Can credit cards ever be removed or do they need to wait the 7 years to fall off on their own.

4. I have a Macy'scc from 1993 which is showing as
 current..its been closed for years..how do I get this off my report, it should have fallen off by now..Do I contact Macys and hope they remember me from 13 years ago when I paid them off?

5. Lastly, when a report reads: Condition: then lists Paid or Closed..which is better? Paid or closed? I have a few accounts that state current, however one company will list as Closed, while another as Paid..does this affect the FICA??

Thanks if you have actually read this far, and an even bigger thanks if you have any answers to my questions. Once these are answered I think I will have a better handle on this mess.

It feels good to stop hiding from all this crap..Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just saw my report..where do I begin???

1. I have 11 collections for medical bills..Some for as little as $28, isn't that pathetic...

Get PFD's.

2. I have 4 listed under "Other - Exact category is unknown

Found these to be medical collections from companies not licensed in your state- pull the report from the CRA to get the detail- Send DV

3. Send GW for valid lates -

4. I have a Macy'scc from 1993 which is showing as
current..its been closed for years

Don't remove this- it is HELPING YOU

5. Lastly, when a report reads: Condition: then lists Paid or Closed..which is better?

Neither is DEROG - don't worry about it.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.