Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting messages from Lawyers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting messages from Lawyers

On my answering machine.

They are about my ex-wife of 14 years ago. They continue to call asking for her in my last name, not hers. Is she some how using my credit? I can't find it on any of the 3 biggies.

Anybody else have the same problem?

Is it some how affecting my credit and I just can't see it?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Are they CREDIT related questions ?? If they are asking f...

Are they CREDIT related questions ?? If they are asking for her in YOUR last name they must be lawyers from that era in your life. Maybe check the Caller ID and do a Google for them ( if you dont want to call them or if you dont know ) and find out who they are. OR - If you are comfortable/nothing to worry about, just call them back and tell them to update their records and simply leave you be. Personally I dont think you should worry. Unless you feel that your Ex may do something like this like using your credit ( nothing personal of course as I dont know her or you ). Or - if you still talk to her then call her and let her know and have her call them direct or tell her you will be giving them HER number. Sorry - didnt focus too much about if this will hurt your credit but more about the call issue.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply state, she no longer lives her, we are no longer m...

Simply state, she no longer lives her, we are no longer married should you continue to attempt to reach her at this number I will file a complaint with the FTC (or whatever organization regulates whatever type of debt it is).  Ask for the name of the person who's calling as well as address and contact information.  Morelikely than not, they are just using skiptrace info under her name when married to you and tracking it back to you.

As long as nothing is showing on your reports, you should be fine.  Just keep an eye out to be sure that you don't wind up in any debt you didn't initiate.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.