furkidz3
Regular Contributor

I know, I know, another question.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
furkidz3
Regular Contributor

Re: I know, I know, another question.

I keep hitting the enter button when I want to tab. Uggggg!!!!
Okay, I have 3 negatives from Certegy (for returned checks). I have paid 2 of them and I still have 1 to clear up. My question is:   Should I pay off the outstanding one (total $ 76 ) or should I hold out and send in a PFD letter saying I will pay the $ 76 if, and only if, they delete all 3 negatives from my CR?
Message 2 of 5
furkidz3
Regular Contributor

Bumping

Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's certainly worth a try. I don't know if they'll feel that $76 is worth it, but you never know. Once you pay in full, you've lost all your leverage.

BTW, if you ever post something that you want to take back (including a blank screen! Smiley Very Happy), you can hit the Options button on the top right. If no one has clicked on that post to reply, you can delete the whole thing. Otherwise, you can edit your post.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
furkidz3
Regular Contributor

Thanks haulingthescoreup,  (love that name,by the way)
As you can probably tell, not only am I credit illiterate, but also computer illiterate!!!
I am slowly learning the ways of computers and credit scores.
I think I will take a chance with the PFD letter and see what happens.
Anyone have any experience with Certegy?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.