cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm About To Pay Off An Old Judgment, Question About The Best Way and FICO Impact

tag
SimplyTheBest
Established Member

I'm About To Pay Off An Old Judgment, Question About The Best Way and FICO Impact

I was sued in 2004 and a judgement was rendered against me. The plaintiff sold / gave the judgement to a collection agency and I set up a payment plan with the collection agency and I've been making monthly payments directly to the collection agency. I'm about to make my final payment (YAY!) and I'm wondering if I should make it as I have been (directly to collection agency) or take it to the county or city agency where the judgment was rendered. I'm wonderng how to ensure that the public record on my CR notes that the judgement has been paid / satisfied and whether this is a good thing to do (will noting that the judgement was paid this year reset the clock so that the judgement can stay on my CR for 7 years from this year instead of 2004?).

Also, will a paid judgement impact my FICO score less than an unpaid one?

Thanks,
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.