Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting there

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting there

I'm out of the 500s and on my way to 700. As of this week, TU 678, EX 625, EQ 605

When I started in October, I had

TU
4 school loans, all paid off, never late
3 collections
1 chargeoff

EX
3 school loans, all paid off, never late
4 collections
1 chargeoff

EQ
3 school loans, all paid off, one with a 90 day late
4 collections
1 chargeoff

Now I have

TU
1 CJ card, opened in November, $1500 limit, $0 balance, never late
4 school loans, one with a 90 day late (disputed the late on EQ and it backfired)
1 collection

EX
1 CJ card, opened in November, $1500 limit, $0 balance, never late
3 school loans, paid off, one with a 90 day late (another casualty of the backfire)
1 collection
1 chargeoff

EQ
2 school loans, paid off, one with a 90 day late (one of the school loans disappeared for some reason)
1 collection
1 chargeoff

The chargeoff is due to fall this summer. TU already deleted it. I sent a letter to Sallie Mae on the school loan because it was in forbearance when they're claiming it was 90 days late. The collection will probably disappear soon. They're not legal to collect in my state and I have them on LOTS of violations. They got my ITS the other day and I'm currently looking for a lawyer. I checked NACA, but all of them are on the other side of the state.

Now if I could just get approved for something, I'd be doing good.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm getting there

With scores such as those you shouldn't have too hard of a time getting approved for a CC. Circuit City offerers a card through Chase and it seems quite easy to get approved.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice progress- keep it up!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been surprisingly difficult to get a cc. I even got turned down for the supposedly easy cards (Target, Hooters and Kay). I don't get it.
Message 4 of 11
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

WOOT WOOT WTG!!!!!!!!!
Have you goodwilled the late?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdtobefree-The lates are actually inaccurate. The loan was in forbearance then. It couldn't have been late when it wasn't even due. The late was originally just on EQ, but when I disputed it, they added it to TU and EX. Anyway, I sent a letter to Sallie Mae explaining this, including paperwork that showed it was in forbearance then. They got it last week so hopefully they'll fix it soon.
Message 6 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well done
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ncblondie wrote:
gdtobefree-The lates are actually inaccurate. The loan was in forbearance then. It couldn't have been late when it wasn't even due. The late was originally just on EQ, but when I disputed it, they added it to TU and EX. Anyway, I sent a letter to Sallie Mae explaining this, including paperwork that showed it was in forbearance then. They got it last week so hopefully they'll fix it soon.

You can also send the forbearance information to the Credit Reporting agencies as well.  It work in my case.  TU was reporting two of my student loans of mine as being up to 120 late for four months while it was in forbearance.  i sent TU the paperwork, including the letter that it was in forbearance and they removed all the lates.  All 14 are now paid off and report as paid as agreed with zero balances going back something like 84 months.   
Message 8 of 11
glamchick
Established Contributor

ncblondie congrats!!!  I hope my scores will get as high as yours some day!!!

I have a question for you.  How did you get the collections off your reports and if you dont mind me asking who were they?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

glamchick, I'd rather not name the companies, but they were all smaller agencies. I've never come across their names on any of the boards I frequent so I assume they just do local collections.

I got rid of two with ITS letters. Neither of these collections were really mine. The first CA was violating left and right so I just gave them a little rope and let them hang themselves. By the time I got around to sending my ITS, they were over 25k in violations. They deleted the day they got the letter. I'm debating about suing anyway since they continued trying to collect even after I sent them proof it couldn't be mine, plus I don't like the thought of letting them get away with the way they operate by just deleting. Even if I don't get all that money, if the court finds them guilty of just one violation, their permit to operate a CA in the state gets revoked.

The second CA threw me at first. I sent a DV and they sent a letter back saying it was past the 30 day validation period and to pay up. I had disputed with the CRAs when I got the letter so I figured I'd wait to see what the results were. They verified it, but forgot to put the disputed by consumer notation. I redisputed with the CRAs and the same thing happened again. I was going to wait to see if I could get more violations, but I figured I already had them on more than they claimed I owed so I went ahead and sent an ITS. They deleted the day after they got it and then I got a letter apologizing for the problems and saying they had blocked it from ever being reported again.

The third CA was a fluke. It was due to come off in April and was on my TU and EQ reports. It fell off EQ earlier this month on it's own so I decided to dispute it with TU as obsolete and they deleted it as well.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.