Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

I requested for a CLI yesterday and they did not approve me instantly (still waiting for response). And I think my score has went down since then. My HHI is 75k and I have the Blue card. Don't know how the hell I got that card, but I did. They pulled from EX and that is the lowest one right now (647 I think????). I have a feeling I'm going to get a call from the F/R Dept. in the next couple of days........... :-x I'm happy w/ my 2k limit. I don't know why I requested for more.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

Ya just never ever know with amex. Was this your first request for CLI? You might be okay since you just have one card with a small limit, but do not be surprised if you go to use it and the cashier says "Sir, your transaction was declined. Do you have another form of payment?"  You'll know then that you are the newest member of the FR department!!!Smiley Surprised
Message 2 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

There is no logic to Amex FR. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Tuscani wrote:

If Amex asked you for a FR, what would you say or do?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:

If Amex asked you for a FR, what would you say or do?

I would probably submit to them what ever the hell they need because I was completely honest on my app.... Then I would tell them I was a bit offended with the FR and demand for a CLI. :-x
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing I've been using my Amex card for is on iTunes. I did almost max it out on my vacation, but I PIF w/ a balance transfer... so I should have no worries w/ getting declined. lol
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm never going to touch that LUV button.  Ever.  I have sufficient credit on my Amex cards and my other cards are just fine. 

I'm just going to sit back and let my accounts age.  Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Fused my friend, how is everything going with you?  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by KDM on 07-20-2007 03:37 PM
Message 8 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

KDM wrote:
Hey Fused my friend, how is everything going with you?  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by KDM on 07-20-2007 03:37 PM

Not bad and you? I am just sickened with Amex's behavior. I read somewhere that Amex was going to try and dig deeper into the sub-prime market to compete with Cap1 and others. I just can't remember where I read it. If I find it, I'll post a thread.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.