Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 353
Registered: ‎07-18-2007
0

I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

I requested for a CLI yesterday and they did not approve me instantly (still waiting for response). And I think my score has went down since then. My HHI is 75k and I have the Blue card. Don't know how the hell I got that card, but I did. They pulled from EX and that is the lowest one right now (647 I think????). I have a feeling I'm going to get a call from the F/R Dept. in the next couple of days........... :-x I'm happy w/ my 2k limit. I don't know why I requested for more.
Frequent Contributor
flygirl
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

Ya just never ever know with amex. Was this your first request for CLI? You might be okay since you just have one card with a small limit, but do not be surprised if you go to use it and the cashier says "Sir, your transaction was declined. Do you have another form of payment?"  You'll know then that you are the newest member of the FR department!!!:smileysurprised:
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

There is no logic to Amex FR. :smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx



Tuscani wrote:
There is no logic to Amex FR. :smileyhappy:


If Amex asked you for a FR, what would you say or do?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 353
Registered: ‎07-18-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx



fused111 wrote:


Tuscani wrote:
There is no logic to Amex FR. :smileyhappy:


If Amex asked you for a FR, what would you say or do?



I would probably submit to them what ever the hell they need because I was completely honest on my app.... Then I would tell them I was a bit offended with the FR and demand for a CLI. :-x
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 353
Registered: ‎07-18-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

The only thing I've been using my Amex card for is on iTunes. I did almost max it out on my vacation, but I PIF w/ a balance transfer... so I should have no worries w/ getting declined. lol
Regular Contributor
KDM
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

I'm never going to touch that LUV button.  Ever.  I have sufficient credit on my Amex cards and my other cards are just fine. 
 
I'm just going to sit back and let my accounts age.  :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
KDM
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx

[ Edited ]
Hey Fused my friend, how is everything going with you?  :smileyhappy:


Message Edited by KDM on 07-20-2007 03:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,373
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: I'm gonna be the next F/R victim of AmEx



KDM wrote:
Hey Fused my friend, how is everything going with you?  :smileyhappy:


Message Edited by KDM on 07-20-2007 03:37 PM


Not bad and you? I am just sickened with Amex's behavior. I read somewhere that Amex was going to try and dig deeper into the sub-prime market to compete with Cap1 and others. I just can't remember where I read it. If I find it, I'll post a thread.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}