cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having an issue with a collection agency and its been over 2 months and still..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having an issue with a collection agency and its been over 2 months and still..

The truth of the matter is that the collection agency that was assigned to me have reported the same account as paid and closed I worked it out with them a few years ago and I recently got them to send me a zero balance letter  but now this other agency that is still trying to collect on the same debt is still reporting that I have a serious delinquent account . I have already called them and spoke to a supervisor and faxed over a zero balance letter and  still nothing on my credit report . If any thing it is making my score  go down and look bad what can I do to get rid of this company  bad report .
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm having an issue with a collection agency and its been over 2 months and still..

Try to dispute with the credit bureau since you have a letter a written dispute maybe best since you have proof of a zero balance. Also, see if you can get one deleted due to it being a duplicate account. You shouldn't get hit with seeming like you have more debt then you actually do. I had a cc that went to collections I paid it off but like you it was also showing with the colletion agency. I disputed through the credit bureau to get one removed and the other shows paid. Still not so good for score but your report reads cleaner when creditors look at it. 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm having an issue with a collection agency and its been over 2 months and still..

I would also consider legal proceedings to sue the collection agency for falsified, slander and misinformation. The collection agency along with the CB will be facing a hefty penalty ($1000-$3000) payable to "you" if they do not correct and you win. I may also steer away from providing the proof  of payment to the CB for (awhile) due to the fact that I would rather see the negative account  disputed and then deleted than for it just to be updated as PAID...

If that does not work, pursue with legal actions according to FTC regulations. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.