Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in some trouble, need some advice..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in some trouble, need some advice..

Hi everyone,

I just took a 103 point hit on my FICO score this month and I was wondering if you guys and gals could give me some advice. I have a WaMu ex-Providian Visa and they have always had a credit tab that you could take a look at, I am going to post a screenshot of it. Chase started all of my trouble about six months ago by raising my interest rate saying I had too many cards, I went to their website and they gave me a card without me applying for it a $5000.00 flexible rewards appeared there then they increased interest rates across the board (2 cards) because they said I had too many accounts (the one they gave me without asking put me over the top I guess) they increased the rates for cards (2 cards) from other banks they were managing also!
I got angry after they would not help clear up the phantom card and cancelled all the Chase cards (big mistake as I've read here over the last day) Do you think I took the hit because of the credit to debt ratio with closing the accounts? 103 points in a month seems excessive, I pulled my Trans Union no lates at all on it, I'm going to get the other 2 tomorrow, should I get a myFICO product or is it too late now? Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the long post but I could have gotten into even greater detail.

Message Edited by kaz on 01-24-2008 11:11 PM

Message Edited by kaz on 01-24-2008 11:15 PM

Message Edited by kaz on 01-24-2008 11:15 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in some trouble, need some advice..

When CC are closed with a Bal. it will kill you.  You do not get credit for CL  BUT  the debt goes into you total UTIL.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think with case you can re-open the cc. then pay them down, then close them if they dont lower your % rates. i think you have 30 days with chase, or 90. not sure.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too late I tried today to re-open the 4 year old one that I actually used they said it was longer than 90 days, I really hate Chase they are taking over the credit industry it seems with shady tactics...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW- 40K in revolving balances-

Yep- The balances to CL (UTL) is tanking you-

What really stinks is that you are not going to be able to re-open or open new lines with your scores.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.