Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm sooo excited !!!

tag
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

I'm sooo excited !!!

This forum has been so helpful. In a very short tiime I have learned how to approach getting good cards and how to approach GW letters, etc - all in the effort to have healthy fico scores. This past week I got confirmation on these: CCCU 1k Visa (great people to work with - great card) Hope to refinance my car w/them down the road. Target just called to verify my online app for the Target VISA - and I GOT IT !!! I thought it would just be a store card, but it's 500 limit VISA. Very cool with me. BofA - really wanted to see if I could get a 99/500 VISA so I can graduate from that and I got offered that today. Sent that off today. Amex is sending me the Oasis letter after paying my 19 year old account off 2 weeks ago. I just called them and asked if I had an old balance - it was my first card and I had NOO idea how I left it. I think I checked 'out' in my 20s. Paid them that day $1100 and they're setting me up with the Optima 500 limit. That limit won't ever change they told me today, but I can always get another card in time. THINGS ARE LOOKING UP AND ALL OF MY HARD WORK (2 jobs, anything to pay off my mistakes !!) HAS BEEN WORKING !!!! I am the poster child for sticking to your plan. My limits will go up. Fico forum rocks. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER BABY!!! (can you tell I'm a little excited?) hahah
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm sooo excited !!!

WOW!!!!! Nice work!Smiley Happy

Rob
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am so happy for you! YAY!Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 8
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Thought people might want to know my scores are as of 7/18 - not great, but getting better!! TU 655 EX 638 (dropped 20 points I think because of inquiries -?) EQ 654 I actually did the BofA thing this morning because once my new accounts hit my report, it's likely that my score will drop for a while. So I didn't want that and be denied the bankcard that would help me in the long term - especially since I've been their banking customer for over 10 years. I hope I'm doing everything the right way. I spend hours on this site reading the wise advise from the moderators and contributors....... So very helpful. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, keep doing it, it will pay off...
Message 5 of 8
future
Frequent Contributor

you are off and running now, congrats
Message 6 of 8
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Thanks - This forum is really a blessing. Knowledge really is power. Now I just need to not go on an app spree (feels good to be approved!) - and live smart. I can do it. We all can do it. My 20s were just a financial distaster. Now I'm 39 and I feel like I have a whole new lease on life. EXCELLENT.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job!  You should be very proud of yourself.  Congratulations!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.