Regular Contributor
Gotagoal

I'm sooo excited !!!

This forum has been so helpful. In a very short tiime I have learned how to approach getting good cards and how to approach GW letters, etc - all in the effort to have healthy fico scores. This past week I got confirmation on these: CCCU 1k Visa (great people to work with - great card) Hope to refinance my car w/them down the road. Target just called to verify my online app for the Target VISA - and I GOT IT !!! I thought it would just be a store card, but it's 500 limit VISA. Very cool with me. BofA - really wanted to see if I could get a 99/500 VISA so I can graduate from that and I got offered that today. Sent that off today. Amex is sending me the Oasis letter after paying my 19 year old account off 2 weeks ago. I just called them and asked if I had an old balance - it was my first card and I had NOO idea how I left it. I think I checked 'out' in my 20s. Paid them that day $1100 and they're setting me up with the Optima 500 limit. That limit won't ever change they told me today, but I can always get another card in time. THINGS ARE LOOKING UP AND ALL OF MY HARD WORK (2 jobs, anything to pay off my mistakes !!) HAS BEEN WORKING !!!! I am the poster child for sticking to your plan. My limits will go up. Fico forum rocks. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER BABY!!! (can you tell I'm a little excited?) hahah
Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

Re: I'm sooo excited !!!

Established Contributor
TexMontana

I am so happy for you! YAY!:smileyvery-happy:
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Regular Contributor
Gotagoal

Thought people might want to know my scores are as of 7/18 - not great, but getting better!! TU 655 EX 638 (dropped 20 points I think because of inquiries -?) EQ 654 I actually did the BofA thing this morning because once my new accounts hit my report, it's likely that my score will drop for a while. So I didn't want that and be denied the bankcard that would help me in the long term - especially since I've been their banking customer for over 10 years. I hope I'm doing everything the right way. I spend hours on this site reading the wise advise from the moderators and contributors....... So very helpful. :smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Congratulations, keep doing it, it will pay off...
Frequent Contributor
future

you are off and running now, congrats
Regular Contributor
Gotagoal

Thanks - This forum is really a blessing. Knowledge really is power. Now I just need to not go on an app spree (feels good to be approved!) - and live smart. I can do it. We all can do it. My 20s were just a financial distaster. Now I'm 39 and I feel like I have a whole new lease on life. EXCELLENT.
Frequent Contributor
princessofpink

Great job!  You should be very proud of yourself.  Congratulations!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}