Did you mean: 

I'm very upset about what has happened to me. Need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very upset about what has happened to me. Need help

So I am at witts end.

This is My Story:

http://katu.com/news/local/burglars-steal-cars-valuables-from-3-ne-portland-homes-i-noticed-someone-...

http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/three-northeast-portland-homes-burglarized-two-cars-stolen/474316596

EVERYTHING was in the car. We were just staying one night, and locked the car, armed the alarm, slept with window open, took every single precaution one could think of, and the absolute UNTHINKABLE, happened. They came into the room we were sleeping in and just a foot or two from my Wife, and Son, and inches away from me, took my keys and wallet off the nightstand next to the bed while I was sleeping. And this happened to at least two other's that evening, in the same neighborhood. Anyway...

I;m desperate.  I am at witts-end,as I can not get a freeze on my credit report through Transunion, or Equifax, at this time, and am watching my entire life of perfect, responsible, diligent credit, being destroyed, as we speak. I after about 48 hours I am unable to complete ANY AUTOMATED credit freezes, and transunion is BILLING me $10 for about 20 different attempts on a friend's credit card, so there is that too. As if my life was not **bleep**ed up enough at this point. So please, if any of you know a way that I can talk to a **bleep**ing real life, actual, HUMAN **bleep**ING BEING, at Transunion or Equifax, that would be great to know. My Attorney is working on it, but to be honest he can not do much, as even with Power of Attorney, he still is unable to do much with TU, and EF. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm very upset about what has happened to me. Need help

Terrible situation and I'm sorry that anyone has to go through something like this.  I'm sure someone will be along before too long to help you with contact information but in the meantime have you been alerted to any attempts at opening accounts in your name?  Are you subscribed to any credit monitoring sites that would give you alerts if a HP is done in your name?.Not that there is anything good in this situation but there are specific provisions in the credit card laws now that allow victims of identity theft to remove information from the credit bureaus if you have filed a police report which obviously you have done already.  This link gives some very good steps to take.  Good luck and I wish you and your family the best.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been alerted to multiple things being done in my name, already.

I am signed up with Credit Karma, and Mint, but that is about it. I was just going to start pulling my credit reports weekly, after I froze everything. Not sure what the best method is in my case, but yeah, I am really running out of steam here and just want this to end...

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been alerted to multiple things being done in my name, already.

I am signed up with Credit Karma, and Mint, but that is about it. I was just going to start pulling my credit reports weekly, after I froze everything. Not sure what the best method is in my case, but yeah, I am really running out of steam here and just want this to end...

Ok, not good but as I indicated above after my edit that there are provisions in the FCRA to clear your reports of inquiries and accounts opened in your name after ID theft.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also pretty sure that I saw another poster provide a link for TU that allows you to lock your account easily and for free. Let me see if I can track that down.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might want to give a try to lock your TU report from this site:

https://www.trueidentity.com/

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

TRANSUNION BILLING ME MANY, MANY TIMES FOR ONE CREDIT FREEZE

Oh and I just got confirmation the freeze didn't even go through.

Yay life /s

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most important have a copy of the police report filed with cb to dispute charges.  There is a very good chance that if they do not try to sell your car for parts that it will be recovered.    I feel for you.  Last week some one tried to steal my Jeepy  from the shop where I getting new carpet and running boards for it.  The tried to hot wire it and did tons of interor damage and cut electrical wires.  The good thing was they dropped their car keys and wallet in the cat and the cops now have the info and hopefully will pick the guy up this weeks.  The damage was around $2,000 insurance covers it.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.