Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a fast fix

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need a fast fix

I am going to be closing on a construction loan in 3-4 weeks.  I had around 12,000 in revolving that I paid down over a couple of months to around 9500 now. I have paid 3,000 of that down in the past week (all credit cards) but my credit score hasnt budged.  I had my only collection removed that had been on the reports for the past 5 years and I have written GW letters to the companies that have reported me as being 30-60 days late (3 co.).  I havent had a response from them yet, keeping my fingers crossed. Right now my middle score is 645 from Transunion, how can I get it to go up in the next few weeks?? I need a 660 or better. 
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need a fast fix

SlowScore wrote:
I am going to be closing on a construction loan in 3-4 weeks.  I had around 12,000 in revolving that I paid down over a couple of months to around 9500 now. I have paid 3,000 of that down in the past week (all credit cards) but my credit score hasnt budged.

What are your CC balances and CLs?

Short term, getting your CC util down in the 1-9 percent range is the only thing you control that you can do quickly. Your scores won't change until the CCCs update your CRs.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you asked your lender if it is possible to do a rapid rescore on those CL's that you need the information updated.  If possible it may be worth the expense.  Ask your lender/broker.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA has 6000 limit and its down to 2950, the other Chase 3700 limit with 1900 owe.  But the others that I paid down to a zero balance wre reported to the credit bureau with no change in the score.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

that sounds expensive, exactly what is it? and will it help?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now the you are under 50% you will get a bump when they CCC's update.
30% is better under 10% is ideal.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since time is short, you want ideal. Like Timothy said, 1-9 percent util is ideal.

BofA $6,000 CL - 1% ($60) to 9% ($540)
Chase $3,700 CL - 1% ($37) to 9% ($333)

Message 7 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

SlowScore wrote:
that sounds expensive, exactly what is it? and will it help?

Rapid rescore is something your lender can do ( and will charge something for) to get updated history on your credit reports lickity split.  Do a search on the boards here, there are some threads regarding it. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 8 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Rapid rescoring works by providing info to the bureaus outside their normal reporting
schedule of 30-45 days.

The info provided, on letterhead from the creditor, specifying what action is to be taken
(most common are: remove lates, update balance, delete tradeline) is faxed to the bureau
(TU, EXP and/or EQ) which then investigates to make sure claim is valid. Tradeline is
upated & credit report is rescored. Takes 3-5 days. The costs involved vary... I believe
your broker has to initiate the process unless you can get in touch with special handling
depts at the CRA.

And remember... There is no guarantee that your score will go up with a rescore.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.