Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help from you all

tag
Lebronjames20
Established Member

I need help from you all

Hi
I'm 20 years old and care about my credit.
I just finshed with at@t and they hard pulled me. Because I'm a new customer.
My qiestion to you guys is. Here's my credit history . When I was 18 i apples for a capital one card , DENIED . Then a Macy's card denied . Then 19 applied for a discover and a amex approved . Total of 5 hard with the atandt . Is his bad . I want to have good credit in the future . I hate hard inqu Smiley Sad how will this affect me . Current score is 740
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need help from you all

@Lebronjames20 wrote:
Hi
My qiestion to you guys is. Here's my credit history . When I was 18 i apples for a capital one card , DENIED . Then a Macy's card denied . Then 19 applied for a discover and a amex approved . Total of 5 hard with the atandt . Is his bad . I want to have good credit in the future . I hate hard inqu Smiley Sad how will this affect me . Current score is 740

Out of curiosity, where did you get your 5 hard inquiries number from?

Message 2 of 8
Lebronjames20
Established Member

THe credit card apps? They are hard pulls I assume.
Message 3 of 8
Lebronjames20
Established Member

Forgive my bad grammar . Iphone sucks
Message 4 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lebronjames20 wrote:
Hi

Out of curiosity, where did you get your 5 hard inquiries number from?

Capital one, Macy's, discover, Amex, AT&T.  OP, this is more a general credit topic.  However, they all don't pull the same report.  I would pull your free annual reports, and see what is on each one.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Don't sweat them, you're new to credit and FWIW most people rack up more than 5 inquiries across 3 reports (well likely 7 in your case because of Cap 1 - Imperfect has it right, not all of them would wind up on one report).

Ain't no big thing as they fall out of scoring range anyway in a year, very minor ding to begin with comparitively.

        
Message 6 of 8
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

your score is good. I wouldn't worry about the inquiries- they'll time out in about a year. just mind your credit and you'll be in the 8 hundos in no time.

Message 7 of 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Lebronjames20 wrote:
Hi

As others have said, you're doing great.

It's probably a good thing that you worry about having five HPs.  It shows you're consciencious and paying close attention and you're off to a much better start than a lot of 20 year olds! Congrats to you. They're right though that in your circumstances you don't need to worry about five HPs (which sound as if they may be split between the bureaus in any case). Those HPs are having very very little effect on your score and most lenders wouldn't be bothered by them.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.