cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help in boosting up my credit score, help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help in boosting up my credit score, help!

I need help to boost up my score I am stuck on 704 because I have a Satisfied Judgment that will be removed until 2010 from my Experian Credit Union. I am not clear why Transunion & Equifax removed it and not Experian the credit score differs almost by 20 point more in the Credit Unions that have removed my Satisfied judgment. I need to boost up my credit score in Experian because they will not remove my Satisfied Judgment even if it has been paid in full because of a 5 year limit in New York. Is it posible to hire a lawyer to have it removed from court? I am not sure if my score can qualify me to get a decent mortgage, can anyone give me any insight?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need help in boosting up my credit score, help!

justlily wrote:

I need help to boost up my score I am stuck on 704 because I have a Satisfied Judgment that will be removed until 2010 from my Experian Credit Union. I am not clear why Transunion & Equifax removed it and not Experian the credit score differs almost by 20 point more in the Credit Unions that have removed my Satisfied judgment. I need to boost up my credit score in Experian because they will not remove my Satisfied Judgment even if it has been paid in full because of a 5 year limit in New York. Is it posible to hire a lawyer to have it removed from court? I am not sure if my score can qualify me to get a decent mortgage, can anyone give me any insight?

Why it fell off EQ is anyones guess as it should remain.  That being said you cannot sue to get a valid debt removed.  If the judgement was issued, it will stand.  You may want to contact the court that issued the judgement and request goodwil that they send something to the CBs to have it removed early.  Not sure how well that would work.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about the whole hiring an attorney deal.....but with a 704 score, you will be able to get an awesome interest rate for your mortgage!! I just refinanced, my score is a little lower than yours, and my rate (can't remember exactly) but it is in the 6% range!!! You should be able to get one lower than that!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your info, I actually needed some positivity re: my credit issue. Thanks!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will contact the court on Monday and try your suggestion. Thank you...
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My Ex score is 80-100 points below my other two.  My answer is to NOT apply for credit with anyone who uses EX, and I have no problem with a mortgage because they look at all three scores and probably go with the middle one.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.