Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some advice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some advice.

My wife and I recently decided it was time to buy a house. The mortgage guy pulled our credit, and I was shocked at my score. When he pulled it, it was 536. We had a BK in 05, and have been careful since then to help rebuild. I pulled all three, and have been taking a look at them. I have disputed a few things on my own, unfortunately (not having read these forums yet) paid off a couple of old under $150 collection accounts. My score now sits at 567, and I need to get to at least 620 to get a home. I want to ask some advice on here, but what can I post on here to give you enough info to help me. I mean, what specific things would you need to know. We only have one CC (Orchard) with a limit of $300, and the balance is like $60. We do both have school loans, but both are in forbearance. We only have a couple of collection accounts that are medical. We do have some lates from when I was between good jobs, but have been very good about them since. It seems almost all of my negative accounts are a result of the BK. We have money that we have set aside to take care of what we need to to get our score up, but I don't know what to tackle first. Also, I am just learning about all these abbreviations, and want to know who I should send what letters to (PFD, DV, GW and all those other abbreviations.) Thanks so much for whatever advice and help you can give.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need some advice.

Lates after a BK is a score killer.

There are some great posts on how to handle collections esp medical ones- just look around.

I say DV any collections (after figuring out if they might sue you after awaking them) 

As far as what to tackle- Go after the toughest stuff first-
Repair and then re-build-
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What info could I post on here to give you a complete snapshot of what's going on with my CR?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say post 1 or 2 items at a time-
and ask how to handle them- include everything but the account number and other personal information-

I find if someone posts too much information- the post will get skipped over- 

coffeeguy wrote:
What info could I post on here to give you a complete snapshot of what's going on with my CR?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I have two accounts that had late payments, I sent GW letters to them. Then I get to Direct Loans. These have been in forbearance, and still should have been, but came out somehow, and I had to call the other day to get them back in. Can I send a GW to them, and is there a sample GW letter for Direct Loans that has to do with school loans? I have no collection accounts with a balance. The school loans thing is causing me the most harm. I know there's nothing I can do in regards to closed accounts, but what about how they report it? Thanks for all your help! Also, since I paid on a couple of the collection accounts that were showing, is there a letter I could send to ask them to remove the derogatory items off my CR?

Message Edited by coffeeguy on 02-10-2008 05:49 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.