cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some hope and motivation please....

tag
angie23
Valued Member

I need some hope and motivation please....

Hi everyone, I really love this forum and I have gotten alot of useful information. Today Im feeling really down like it is impossible to get my score up, my score is pretty bad. I guess I need to keep DV, Disputing and sending letters. Anyone have any stories of encouragement??? Thanks
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need some hope and motivation please....

Time, time time is on your side.  Smiley Happy

Truly.  When I am down, I go to the sims and ask it to show me what my score might look like if I pay my bills on time for 3 months, 6 mos etc. 

Its amazing what a few months can do Smiley Happy 

In November, my EQ score was 630.  Today its 689.  My TU score was 595.  Today its 656.  Not HUGE jumps but seriously major progress Smiley Happy

Pay on time, every month and you'll see the changes ... just give it a bit of time ... Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO NOT give up! Did you hear me...do NOT give up! Read the post I just posted.

I started working on mine mid March and my scores are already seeing tremendous progress.

I was ready to seriously throw in the towel and the folks on this board did not me.

You can do this! It will all be worth it in the end!!!

Good luck!

My original post: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=95391
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the sticky above - "Success Stories and Encouragement" -- it is very long! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
When I am down, I go to the sims and ask it to show me what my score might look like if I pay my bills on time for 3 months, 6 mos etc.
Its amazing what a few months can do Smiley Happy

I love the FICO estimator. Reading "Your FICO® scores are estimated to be between 725-775" makes my day. If I could just get that one CC GW'ed, I'd be gold. Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 15
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Someday is right I have been trying to fix things on my CR for the past six months and I began to get frustrated and thought there is a time when you have to throw your hands up and say they win. I have never been so wrong in my life. I continue to work, work and work on it some more it has now become my third job, lol.

I refuse to let them (CA) do this to me. Stick with us we are your fico family now we help each other through the toughest time. Hang in there you will be glad you did.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

angie, it's going to take time. Maybe a long time. But above all.........

Never, ever, ever give up.....Never.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad this was posted feeling pretty discouraged here as well.
Message 8 of 15
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

It can be rough, my scores are pretty crummy, as a matter of fact I've given up on EQ all together lol... then all of a sudden I pull my TC this morning after my boyfriend's daily 630am wake up call that he makes to me when he walks to work, and all of a sudden a collection (an old one) from 06 is removed from my EQ for no reason at all...

Granted I think the reason is that they're not licensed in my state, but I hadn't disputed it yet, or DV'd.

And my EQ which has been going down, while all else has been slowly increasing, is up 13 points!  Woohoo, granted I still need to pay that collection in general if I ever plan to have electricity in my name again in my town lol

I know it can be discouraging, especially if you don't have the money to pay things off, and just sending things CMRRR can add up quickly.

I still haven't made a LOT of progress but I've made some, I'm hoping it's not just because my LVNV account is marked as disputed from my dv, if that's where my progress came from and they don't get deleted, I may break into tears and make my own encouragement post.

Stick with it hun, you can do it!

Feb TU 495, April TU 561
Feb EX 539, March EX 553 (this is hopefully up more from a few new paid as agreed accts)
Feb EQ 528, March EQ 513 Smiley Sad, April EQ 526

It's a hard battle, but you'll be glad you fought it later Smiley Happy

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

To all the discouraged people...

Remember that attacking your negative credit history is only part of the answer in raising your credit scores. I can't emphasize this enough in my posts here and in my blog and credit scoring site.

You must devote equal, if not greater, attention to building a positive credit history. This means obtaining accounts (like credit cards) and handling them well (see my stickied thread under Credit Cards regarding the care and feeding of credit cards "Mastering your MasterCard...").

Believe me when I say that derogs and other dings age far more quickly when they are offset by more recent, positive history.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.