Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to raise my fico score really quick I want to buy a house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need to raise my fico score really quick I want to buy a house

Thanks for your message. I will try PFD letter and see what happens. If they can remove the collection accounts, I will pay in full otherwise I will try to negotiate.

Thanks again

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

if they can put it on your report, they certainly have the ability to remove it.
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your message. These collection accounts are on my credit report since 2004.

Thanks

Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good, since its over 24 months.  If all has been good for the last 2 years, you'll get a big jump on the scores when you pay these off.  Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your message Irvin. Do you think I should push more and tell them that if they dont remove it from my credit repot, I would not pay the balance. Do you think that would work? Can they sue me for that?
Thanks

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think you'll be better off just asking for it in the letter. Say that you would like to get this resolved as soon as possible and will pay in full if they agree to remove it from all 3 of your reports upon payment.
look at the Tuscani's thread for PFD.
Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your message Rocket. I am uptodate with all my payments for over a year now. My credit score has improved alot, at onetime it was around 400 range.

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your message Irvin. I did read that PFD and I will use that for all my collection accounts.
Thanks again

Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Irvin.  You don't have much leverage to fight, and they've seen it all before and know that you are going to have to deal with them eventually (at least if you need credit in the future for buying a house etc.)  They could sue, but it costs them money to do so.  PFD is a good starting point. 
Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will not get any jump in scores for paying a collection or Charge off. That is only for the Utilization. The only way you get a bump in score is if they remove the collection or charge off. I dont know where he/she got the info that your score will increase for paying collections but it is not accurate. I know for a fact.
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.