Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need your opinions !!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need your opinions !!

I have a situation and would like advice. My middle score is 656. I would love to be in the 700 club. I deserve to be. I pay all my bills on time but just cant figure out what to do to get my score over 700. I have several cc but only one with a balance which is $1700 with a cl of $7500. Should I pay down the cc? My score actually decrease by 9 points when my charges went from $1500 to $1700. I have not had any derogatory on my credit since 2005. What can I do to get over 700 score?

Here is my situation:

1) Mortgage- One 30 day late in Jan 2003 due to snail mail never making its destination.

2) Car loan- 1x60 day late August in August 2005.(my daughter lay-off)

3) Medical bill charge off 2005 paid in full, same year.(stupidity)

Please, I need advice !!!!
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
TULO30
Contributor

Re: I need your opinions !!

You need to increase the amount of your available credit.  Get additonal credit cards from VISA or MC. That will help.  Apply for about two or three in one 30 day period and you will be okay and I will guarantee you will see that score go up! Good luck!!
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tulo30... I have several cc with available credit. Are you saying I should use them and pay off? I have only one credit card with charges. It has a $7500 cl and  i've charged about $1700. 
Message 3 of 24
future
Frequent Contributor

bring your bal down to about 1-9%(700) and you should see something good happen
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks............ How far down should I pay the cc to be between 1-9% ???? The cl is $7500 and I owe $1700.  How do I get there? Example please.
Message 5 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Shoe_diva69 wrote:
ok thanks............ How far down should I pay the cc to be between 1-9% ???? The cl is $7500 and I owe $1700.  How do I get there? Example please.

10% of $7500 is $750, so get that card to less than $750 if you can.

Also, if you apply for anpother couple of cards it will make your TOTAL available credit higher, so your utilization will be less.  You will see a little score drop with the new accounts, and also a little score increase because your utilization will go down, but as they get older your score will increase, as long as you keep the balances low
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok ...got utilization calculation !!!!!  thanks..........

Midnight are you saying go open additional accounts and use them. I already have several cc acounts that i dont use with no balance on them.  Please advise.

Shoe
Message 7 of 24
TULO30
Contributor

Sweetie, this is simple really.  You simply need lots of credit and little to no utilization and long history of doing that and your scores go up. 

If you have credit cards with balances pay them down - paying them coompletely off would be even better. 

Open new accounts, but don't use them. keep your balances low and pay on time and your score will go up.  Good luck!
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The forum is often asked how many cc's should one have for positive impact on credit scores.

Many people say at least 3 for a minimum. I say 4(I'm not out of step...it's everybody else.lol)

If you have them, use them....but sparingly. But a minimum of once every 3 or 4 months, then pay it off, and put it away for the next cycle.

FICO like to see the various credit mix on your report every now and then, if that makes sense.

Dropping the utilization down to 1%-9%, both on individual cc, and total over all cc's is the best way for a quick score rise.
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love you guys and all of your good advice !!!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.