Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really hate first Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hate first Premier

I went over my limit because of their famous annual fee so they closed my account, I paid it in full and the lady on the phone told me my account was suspended. Well I got an email saying that I would receive a letter soon.  So I am just going to assume that they closed it for good.  If not then I'm closing it myself.  Since that is my only revolving account, do I need another one asap?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I really hate first Premier

Don't close it, yet. It easier to get a CC when you already have one, and it's easier to get a better CC if you already have one.

Do you know your FICOs and to whom are you planning to apply?

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

From checking their website, looks like they closed it for me.  My ficos are:
EX:  647
EQ: 589
TU: 650

With a couple of unpaid collections I'm probably going to go for a secured through US bank or maybe Crown Jewelers. 
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just FYI - When I was house hunting I thought it would be a good idea to pay off my CC balances and close the First Premier card all together. Well it actually dropped my scores from 20 to 25 points.
Ultimately it was still a good decision but just wanted to let you know there could be a score drop associated with closing that account.
Message 4 of 14
Neblett
Regular Contributor

I don't understand.  Do we have all the info?

What it sounds like is that the annual fee posted to your account (so we can assume that you have had the card at least a year - which means that they would hardly be likely to get rid of a customer with a year's payments under his or her belt), then they charged you an over-limit fee.  You paid them for the fee (did you pay your balance down too?), but they closed/suspended your account.

What kind of time frame are you talking about here?  When did you finally pay them?  How much time elapsed between the annual fee taking you over limit and when you paid?

I can't believe they would close your account without giving you the opportunity to pay the fee - I've never heard of a CC company doing that.

Something seems suspect about this situation, and I don't know if we know enough to give you good advice.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had used the card to pay a bill that was due immediately, this was two weeks ago, so I was checking their website to see what my current balance was.  When I checked they had charged me the annual fee and the over the limit fee.  I have had that card for two years this month, never been late and only over the limit once for 2.00, which I paid immediately and that was over a year ago.
I saw the bill and paid the entire amount this Friday, bill isn't due until 7/27.  I checked the website today and it still shows no current balance or available credit. So I'm gonna look elsewhere.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to apply for your new replacement card NOW...before they report some negitives. Your scores are high enough try BofA  https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx .
Or maybe even AMEX.  I would not delay. Just incase these idiots mess with you. Good luck!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with so_confused. With FICOs in the mid 600s, apply for AMEX. If you apply same day, odds are very good you will incur at most one inquiry per CRA. Apply for AMEX Green, Delta and Hilton.

Do you have a BK on your CR, or a defaulted AMEX CC in your past? Either will likely be grounds for denial.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with so_confused. With FICOs in the mid 600s, apply for AMEX. If you apply same day, odds are very good you will incur at most one inquiry per CRA. Apply for AMEX Green, Delta and Hilton.

Do you have a BK on your CR, or a defaulted AMEX CC in your past? Either will likely be grounds for denial.

No I don't have a BK but I do have three collections, one that is recent (1yr) so I tend to get turned down but I will apply anyway.  Who knows they might say yes.  Thanks everyone for all your help. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

candigrl wrote:

No I don't have a BK but I do have three collections, one that is recent (1yr)

Collections should not matter. So long as it ain't AMEX.

DW and I have a paying on collection, so it keeps updating. She got $2000 on Delta, Green, and Oasis Optima with $1300.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.