cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently moved in with my mother, temporarily. She had...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently moved in with my mother, temporarily. She had...

I recently moved in with my mother, temporarily. She had signed up for Internet service via Comcast.  Would my automatically paying the Internet bill help both of our credit or just hers?  The service is opened up in her name, but I'm the primary user.

When I move, she'll either cancel the service or attempt to use it.  She's 66 and would like to learn how to use her own PC.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sl
Established Contributor

Re: I recently moved in with my mother, temporarily. She had...

I do not believe it will help either one credit.  The only time it will be reported to the CB is if the bill is not paid and it goes to collections.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re:Paying mom's Comcast bill, does it help FICO score?

I thought that if you have certain bills in your name than it'll likely help your credit score.
Message 3 of 10
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Re:Paying mom's Comcast bill, does it help FICO score?

You can use them as a reference that you pay your bills on time, however, utility bills, cable bills, phone bills, cell phone bills, and rent do not show up on your CR.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BarryB wrote:
I recently moved in with my mother, temporarily. She had signed up for Internet service via Comcast.  Would my automatically paying the Internet bill help both of our credit or just hers?  The service is opened up in her name, but I'm the primary user.

When I move, she'll either cancel the service or attempt to use it.  She's 66 and would like to learn how to use her own PC.

Bills such as utilities are not reported to CRAs unless they go to collections. Bills that get reported are CC..auto loans...personal loans...mortgage. Also they are only reported on the owner's or AU CR. It doesn't make a difference who makes the payments.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-16-2007 03:50 PM
Message 5 of 10
ronq
Regular Contributor

si is right up until last year because I didn't know what was on my credit report I always made sure my Utilities were paid before anything else and that was a mistake. Always pay mortgage, rent, loans and credit cards on time.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sl wrote:
You can use them as a reference that you pay your bills on time, however, utility bills, cable bills, phone bills, cell phone bills, and rent do not show up on your CR.

Not always true. My Verizon phone bill shows up (and it didn't go into collections).
Message 7 of 10
sl
Established Contributor

that is good to know.  My cell phone bill does not show on my report.
Message 8 of 10
ronq
Regular Contributor

Mine either. It shows as an INQ, but not as an account.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My gas bill shows up on my credit report.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.