Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I seem to have done all this wrong ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to have done all this wrong ...

I paid off a ton of debt this past 6 - 7 months without knowing about this fine site and discovered
you guys here near the end of settling about 14,000 to 15,000 of old debt
on multiple accounts, about 40 items covered from as far back as 1996...
I have paid several items off that were past the satutes of limitations so thats o.k
my bad on those...
I have several CC'S that show a balance but the CA'S show paid in settlement for less
and it varies from credit agency across the board but the kicker is now I have multiple
items for the CC'S on the same reports and am not sure how much of a negative or positive
impact they will have on my scores...
But the real kick in my butt is I paid off the full balance on a possible wage garnishment
too head off the actual garnishment of my pay from a lawyer who was hired too sue me
and he told me over and over that he had sent in the stop to the garnishment to my employer
and that it won't show up as a judgement or garnishment because I willingly paid the full
amount owed plus lawyers fees only too have the garnishment comence 2 weeks ago..
I was also reassuered from my company that they would not take out any more money
a week ago only to be told today that they have too take out double this week because
they still have not received the stop to the garnishment from the lawyer...
I now have paid another 1200 towards this issue at a time when I completely drained out all
my savings and the past 6 months worth of wages to clean my credit up...
I need a pizza and a lawyer and cannot afford both so the pizza wins....Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I seem to have done all this wrong ...

Just wanted to respond...I know it seems endless but I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Better late than never finding this site!  I'm sure there are things yet to learn as to how you can improve your score!  I find something new everytime I log on here.  Pat yourself on the back for taking the step to get financially healthy!

Keep your chin up and enjoy that pizza!!

Kim
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thanks Kims for the kind words and the pizza cheered me up..
so now it is time to focus on what I am able to salvage from all this mess.
My scores went from the low to mid 500's too just below 600, in 6 months...
So if they bump up a bit more from the rest of the payoffs I just made I might be able to get
a secure card or 2 to restart the score hunt.
I just wonder how long to wait till I should apply as a few more items need to show up as paid..

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't beat yourself up too much.  As was said before, the point is, you have the best of intentions, and you will be rewarded.

All those old collections you paid off, I would start sending out some goodwill letters ASAP to see if you can actually get those removed.  A collection completely removed is better than no collection at all.

I'm not familiar with wage garnishment so I won't even attempt to advise you on that.

ATB!!

-trini
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the garnishment stopped finally....
nothing but up from here, I just hope they honor the promise to not report
a judgement or garnishment on my scores as there is nothing there yet....
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great! WTG
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks too everyone for the support and comments my stress level has
been riding high dealing with this stuff but patience is the key......
Moma needs a new house next year.....Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.