Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I take it all back - Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it all back - Capital One

I'll probably be laughed off the board here, but I am going to have to eat some bad things I've said about Capital One.
I, like almost everyone else, have trashed them on here before.
Well, I should have put some sugar on them words cause I've got to eat them now.  I had a couple of lates back in '05 and I sent them a GW letter.  I got their response today:  They are deleting them!!  I am stoked.  Finally.....FINALLY on this long road to credit recovery I get some good news.  Now if they will start reporting credit limits like they "say" they will, I will be hunky dory.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: I take it all back - Capital One

Awwww... do we still get to call them Crap1?  It's so much fun to say!!!

Hey.... congrats   Smiley Happy 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHall wrote:
I'll probably be laughed off the board here, but I am going to have to eat some bad things I've said about Capital One. I had a couple of lates back in '05 and I sent them a GW letter.  I got their response today:  They are deleting them!! 
You are the first that I've heard that from... I have been religious with payments to them...

Congrats!

Rob
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked!  I used one of the GW's that Tuscani posted.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to hear CHall !!!! how long did it take to hear back from them? I sent a GW last week. I had a few misses back in 2001.
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I'm really jealous!

Good on ya mate!Smiley Very Happy

Got me thinking I need to go ahead and put pen to paper.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is great! must have been a new trainee....they gonna be fired in the morning.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog wrote:
that is great! must have been a new trainee....they gonna be fired in the morning.

LOL!!! Let's hope not, I have not put pen to paper yet.
Message 8 of 21
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

trinigal wrote:
Now I'm really jealous!

Good on ya mate!Smiley Very Happy

Got me thinking I need to go ahead and put pen to paper.

Your post made me think about something..

"Put pen to paper." An idiom that will someday lose it's literal meaning and be one of those phrases our great great grandkids hear and roll their eyes like we did at our grandparents talking about walking to and from school both ways, uphill, in the rain. LOL
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

SoulSmilen wrote:

Your post made me think about something..

"Put pen to paper." An idiom that will someday lose it's literal meaning and be one of those phrases our great great grandkids hear and roll their eyes like we did at our grandparents talking about walking to and from school both ways, uphill, in the rain. LOL

I actually did that!!! Smiley Tongue

Rob
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.