Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I'm hopeless - any wise advice is welcome for rebuilding from scratch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm hopeless - any wise advice is welcome for rebuilding from scratch

I think I'm in a hopeless situation, I don't know what to do, i killed my credit...there's nothing to fix per say as far as mistakes on the reports, but I'd so welcome any advice on the best steps to take first....

My score is 507 and I'm in Fico Hell.

I've had all the c cards in good standing since they were opened, that is until till 2007 when they all went behind and were charged off and I went through a very bad year.  In 2007 we refinanced and had big problems with the mort. company (went to CCCS who said don't pay anything on the credit cards - need to straighten everything else out first)  now I'm sunk, and worse, I've always been on the mortgage, but when we refinanced I wasn't put on the mortgage, only the deed, so I won't even have that good payment reporting.

If you could give me just one suggestion of what I can to do first, any babystep that might help, I would so appreciate it!  I think I'm hopeless though.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy filed in August 1999-discharged
Merrick opened 1/2004 $2,383 120+ days past due
Gemb/Lowes opened 11/2004 $645 Bad debt/collection charged off
Cap One opened 8/2001 $1,637 Bad debt/collection charged off
Cap One Na opened 8/2005 $0 Bad debt/collection charged off
Hsbc Bank opened 12/2003 $0 Bad debt/collection charged off

Macysdsnb 3/2005 $0 Pays account as agreed
Cap One 11/2004 $0 Pays account as agreed
Cap One 11/2004 $0 Pays account as agreed
Hsbc Bank 9/2002 $0 Pays account as agreed
Fst Premie 11/2006 $0 Pays account as agreed /closed at consumers request/paid $0 bal
Countrywid XXXXX 7/2005 $0 Pays account as agreed Account closed at consumer's request
  • Paid account / zero balance-was mortgage
    • Mtgsvcctr XXXXXXXXX 6/2003 $0 Pays account as agreed/Paid$0 Bal / Inactive
      Wachrl XXXXXX 9/1994 $0 Pays account as agreed/Paid / $0 Bal / Inactive
      Vehicle LoanCiti Auto XXXXXX 4/2004 $8,379 Pays account as agreed Open/Bal $8000/pay $393 a month
       Vehicle LoanChrysler XXXXXX 1/2005 $0 Pays account as agreed Open/lease-up in may was $9,000 paid
      Caponeauto XXXXXXXXXXXXX 6/2005 $0 30 days past due Open/Paid $0 Bal highest was $7,800

If you could give me just one suggestion of what I can to do first, any babystep that might help, I would so appreciate it!
      Thank you!
      Message 1 of 4
      3 REPLIES 3
      haulingthescoreup
      Moderator Emerita

Re: I think I'm hopeless - any wise advice is welcome for rebuilding from scratch

Hi, inficohell, so sorry to read about all you're going through!

A big part of what you are facing is just being patient and allowing bad stuff to get older and hurt less, but there are many specific actions that you can take. I'm moving your post to General Credit, so that you can get some useful responses.

And thank you for posting all the gory details! Many new members are understandably shy about doing this, but no useful change occurs unless you know what you're dealing with. Good luck!
      * Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
      FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
      Message 2 of 4
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

Re: I think I'm hopeless - any wise advice is welcome for rebuilding from scratch

thanks for the kind and encouraging words!
      Message 3 of 4
      Anonymous
      Not applicable

This is very fixable- and the $ amounts are not that bad at all-

Get the past due account current-
      make sure all your accounts are paid each month at least minimums.

Dispute the status on the zero balance accounts-
      Message 4 of 4
      Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.