cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I was just conned by Citibank monitoring.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I was just conned by Citibank monitoring.

I received a phone call from a telemarketer. The phone number checked out. She was selling "unlimited daily cr pulls", "daily monitoring" and "monthly FICO scores" all this from all 3 CRAs for 12.95 monthly. I was most likely lied to.

Anyone know anything about Citi's credit monitoring?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I was just conned by Citibank monitoring.

Well???
Did ya sign up?Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

hehe, They told me it had a 30 day trial period. My gut feeling tells me it's not FICO scores. But it came risk free. I have to wait 2 weeks to receive the package before I can sign in.

www.identitymonitor.citi.com

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-13-2007 06:03 PM
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I was conned! Citi sells CreditExpert modified service. You only get 1 update every 30 days, No FICO scores. No loss, it didn't cost anything. I'll just cancel it when it arrives.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
Yes I was conned! Citi sells CreditExpert modified service. You only get 1 update every 30 days, No FICO scores. No loss, it didn't cost anything. I'll just cancel it when it arrives.

Ha! They didn't know with whom they were messing!
Message 5 of 10
divasheart

I have been signed up with them for a while now. What pissed me off about them is that the credit scores they give you are not the Fair Issac scores, which are the scores that MyFico gives. I have no idea how they calculate their scoring, but it is completely different from the scores I get off of here. They are higher. When I went to apply for a mortgage, that is when I found out that their scores are not the real deal. The mortgage companies use the scores calculated by Fair Issac. They do give you updated scores each month, it is just not the scores used by places like mortgage companies. Trust me, stuck with MyFico! They rock and so does this board. It has been a huge help! Good luck.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!! mine are actually lower.... Too many account opened in the past two years and that score weights the past two years heaviest.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think all the CCC are offering monitoring now. If you watch TV  you will see adds for it AND they say watch your *scores* and how important they are. What you do not hear is what kind of scores.
Message 8 of 10
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

OMG, can you imagine only getting 1 report every 30 days! That would drive me insane!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

scramblingin2007 wrote:
OMG, can you imagine only getting 1 report every 30 days! That would drive me insane!

My UTIL would be in the dumpster!!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.