cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think a creditor (Capella) just LIED to me? HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think a creditor (Capella) just LIED to me? HELP!

creditgirl wrote:
the cr shows dofd as 10/2006.  i'm not that concerned about sol. worst case scenario and i am willing to pay, it's only $250. however, i don't want the debt to seem as though it is only one year old as opposed to 3 for fico purposes.

so, how does that work anyway. i know people say after 2 years a ca doesn't affect your score as much as when it's new. when does the 2 years start to calculate?  I guess that's my realy concern. I just want to have it affect my fico as little as possible.

this debt is not for tuition, it is a book advance. i did not owe any tuition to capella b/c i had financial aid at first. after i withdrew, they sent it all back to the feds b/c i withdrew in time for 100% refund.  the credit class on my cr is educational though.

OK is the DOFD from the original creditor listed as 10/06 or is their account even showing.  Is 10/06 the date placed for collections?  Send a DV letter to the college.  They then have to respond with all pertinent dates. The Date palced for colelction will vary each time it is sold.  you should be able to see a date set for removal using EX.  If it is beyond 7 yrs from the origianl delinquency, time to get to work.

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

creditgirl wrote:
so send them a check with a letter stating that if they cash it, they are agreeing to remove debt from cra's or should i send the letter first without check (PFD letter)?

Whatever you write on the check does not hold the creditor to anything.  thecreditor is entitled to collect its monies without being held over a barrel.  You will cath more flies with honey. Since all info reposrted must be accurate under the FCRA, they may just laugh.  Paying it now does not make it un-delinquent.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right Brammy...i told her to write a nice letter to UN  asking for info. Im sure that they will send the bill.....which is all she needs to find DFOD also. The second line says that they will not report to CRA after receiving payment.  They (OC) is not reporting now only the CA is.

Putting on the check is almost like a reminder.
Message 23 of 27
George2037
Regular Contributor

I would play nice with the OC, tell them what happened and ask if they will remove it from your credit in exchange for payment.  If you start getting negative vibes, get off the phone and call the next day and hope for someone nice.

If they agree ask them to send you a letter stating such.  Once that is in your hands, pay the OC   and ask for a receipt or wait for the cancled check.  Once all that is in hand wait 20-30 days for everyones info to update, then dispute with CRA's "It was paid prior to collection", "OC agreed to remove" and let them do the leg work.
Message 24 of 27
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

HappyDays, I think I've confused myself as well Smiley Very Happy!  That was a typo, I meant the original creditor!  I will try to get them to delete for payment in full!  LOL, now that I have laughed at myself for the night, I think I can rest well!!

thanks a lot!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit  we are not on the same page......the OC  can not delete because they are not reporting!!!  The CA is reporting
Message 26 of 27
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Happy, we are on the same page, I just can't seem to keep that in mind when I'm replying!! First, write a letter to OC saying I will PIF if they won't report to CRA's (ask nicely).  If they accept, send money to them with reminder that they agreed not to report when PIF.  Wait a while, then dispute the CA.

Is that FINALLY it? Now I'm lmao Smiley Very Happy !!

Message Edited by creditgirl on 09-20-2007 06:54 AM
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.