Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought this was place where I could find help

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

I thought this was place where I could find help

Can someone help me with this, please!?
I wrote a GW letter to Chase asking them if it would be possible for them to delete some late payments(8 payments from 2001-2002) from thier credit file,  Chase agreed  to my request.   I wrote letters  to all the usual suspects(Eq, Ex Tu) asking them to delete the erroneous information from my reports..  Everytthing was fine with Eq,Ex, but Trans Union dropped my score 41 points.  Please. can someone help me understans what happen?

Thank you.

William D              
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
astateofblank
Established Member

Re: I thought this was place where I could find help

Your scores are built from your CR, so that is the place to look. Get your TU credit report and look for any changes. It may be something completely unrelated that caused the drop, which I would think would be the case.
02/17/13 - EQ: 802 EX: 784 TU: 780
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I thought this was place where I could find help

Was this score a FICO score? (Not from TrueCredit, CreditSecure, etc.) Did TU delete the entire account, or is the account still there, but now without lates?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
williamd1972
Contributor

Re: I thought this was the place where I could find help

I get all my scores(Eq Ex Tu) from FICO, and yes my Chase account was complety deleted.
Message 4 of 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

I think this is TU way of dealing with disputes.  I have had a lot of my accounts, when disputed, just plain deleted from my report.  Now since they were derog I am not complaining.  But on time accounts that were positive TL would be a real bummer.  Someone else posted that this happened to them and they were going to fight to get it back on.  You must have lost some real history there to cause that big of a score drop with 1 account being deleted. 
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was ILOVEPIZZA whose TL got zapped...

see if chase can re-report...
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That's what happened with your score drop, then. It was losing the entire TL with whatever age was on it, and the clean history that it carried.

Were you GW'ing the CCC, or disputing with the CRA's? If you were dealing with the CCC only, and the CRA's were not involved, then TU had no business deleting the account. If you were disputing the lates with the CRA, they are frequently deleting closed accounts, and you lose everything, both negative and positive.

This is one way that deleting valid derogs can really bite you on the butt. Not saying that you did, but this is frequently advocated on other sites, and it's blowing up in people's faces. Another variety is people disputing valid inqs, and getting fraud alerts slapped on all three reports. And we don't let either be advocated here, BTW, per the forum rules. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.