Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I totally give up

tag
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I totally give up

So SW alerts me there has been a changed so I log on to see what the change was.  I got an increase from Merrick bank my CL went from 950 to 1150.  My balance on the card is 1146 but according to my SW alert a have an increase balance of $197.  The way I figured is that Merrick never reported the CL increase so SW is seeing it as an increase balance so what the H*LL do I do.  I have been struggling  to fix my credit but the harder I try the worse it gets.  I stopped using my CC for the past month and have payiing on time for the past few months and nothing but bad results.  I guess there comes a time and you say the heck with it I GIVE UP THEY WIN.  I have sent PFD, DV and guess what yep your right no luck. O well nice try I guess.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I totally give up

Don't give up.

For one your card is showing maxed out , so even if you did get a CLI it would not help. You said u have a limit of 1150 and ur balance is 1146? You migh want to make a payment just incase they hit you with interest and then you will have over the limit fees.

Repairing credit does not happen over night. You will definitely have to make than a few months worth of payments to see a big chage.

Just stay on the right track. PAY DOWN that card asap!

Hey if at first you don't succeed, try again and again and again if you have to. Remember they want you to give up and that is what you shouldn't do.

It is hard but trust me it will be well worth your hard work!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, IVE HAD 2 COLLECTIONS REMOVED AND MY SCORE HASNT CHANGED BY EVEN I POINT.  MY PFD  AND GW LETTERS GO UNANSWERED AND MY MOOD IS DROPPING FASTER THAN MY CREDIT SCORE.  I HAVE DECIDED THAT I WILL NOT GIVE UP. I AM TRYING TO DO THE BEST I CAN BUT I SEEM TO BE UP AGAINST A BRICK WALL.  IT SEEMS THAT I CANT EVEN GIVE MY MONEY TO THE COLLECTION AGENCIES.  IM GOING TO CONTINUE TO GW AND PFD LETTERS UNTIL SOMEONE WRITES ME BACK. I WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR YOUR POSTS AND GIVE YOU SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT.  YOU REALLY ARE NOT ALONE. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND THINGS HAVE TO GET BETTER.  THE ONLY THINGS THAT ARE IMPOSSIBLE ARE THE THINGS WE DONT TRY.  ONLY DEATH AND TAXES ARE PERMANANT.  BAD CREDIT ISNT.  

FICOS 12/8/09  EQ-521  TU-563 EX-559  GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPS   
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There were months where my scores barely moved at all, despite everything I did, but in the last four weeks, they have soared. Much of this was due to things like aging of accounts, which is completely beyond our control.

Hang in there! If you're really baffled and frustrated (and I know you are), you can post the details of your most recent reports and your most recent FICO scores, and the people here might be able to help you figure out your next tactics. Be sure that you xxx out any account numbers and other personal info.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all  for your support.  So I get yet another SW alert and it didn't change my score but now I am so fed up with all these alerts and things not going well and so I got to thinking and sometimes snow storms make me do that.  I have decided to fight, fight, fight.  So here is a question for all.  I will have about $2000 in a couple weeks I will be putting toward my CC.  With this money I can pay off about 6 CC do I do that or pay 2 high balance cards to increase my score? PLEASE HELP.
Message 5 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

320...........this is just a little speed bump. Nothing to fret about. I know you're frustrated - but hang in there and just keep on doing what you have been doing. You're on the right track, keep paying this account down.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.