cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had it. I give up! I take one step forward and two steps back.

tag
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I've had it. I give up! I take one step forward and two steps back.

I've had it.  I'm ready to walk away from this credit bullXXXX and only buy things with cash.  I'm tired of trying to make sure I use my card, even though I don't want to, to keep a balance between 1-9%.  It's lots of fun on a $300 joke of a credit card.  It takes seconds to have incorrect items put on my credit report and months to get it removed.  FXXK this! I'm ready to close out everything and say to hell with credit! I'll rent and just continue to pay cash for everything.  No more late fees because you think you have a 10 day window, but that it's really nine because if you pay on the 10th day you get charged.  Thanks for the update Wells Fargo.  Life sucks! I want to go back to the good old days where a person's name was all they needed.  I'm a good person and I'm tired of feeling like SXXX! I think about credit on a daily basis! No more!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've had it. I give up! I take one step forward and two steps back.

ah32 wrote:
I've had it.  I'm ready to walk away from this credit bullXXXX and only buy things with cash.  I'm tired of trying to make sure I use my card, even though I don't want to, to keep a balance between 1-9%.  It's lots of fun on a $300 joke of a credit card.  It takes seconds to have incorrect items put on my credit report and months to get it removed.  FXXK this! I'm ready to close out everything and say to hell with credit! I'll rent and just continue to pay cash for everything.  No more late fees because you think you have a 10 day window, but that it's really nine because if you pay on the 10th day you get charged.  Thanks for the update Wells Fargo.  Life sucks! I want to go back to the good old days where a person's name was all they needed.  I'm a good person and I'm tired of feeling like SXXX! I think about credit on a daily basis! No more!

Breathe In....Breathe Out.....count from 1-10 real slow..............now what's been going on????
Message 2 of 15
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

i feel exactually how you feel but then i think i want to in the near future buy a home for my son and my wife something i never had growing up. and the fact that if i dont get these negatives off it could end my career.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ah32 wrote:

This might well require leaving the country  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah32 wrote:

Oh no no no!  We not going out like this at all.  I know you feel frustrated, I think at some point we all on here have felt, or are feeling, just like you are now.  But there's no way on this 'God's used to be green earth' that I'm going to let some complicated-a$$ formula and a bunch of creditors keep me from having the lifestyle I know I deserve.  It will take a while, but I ain't got nothing but time.  So I'll wait and keep it pushin. And this is why I defend using every darn loophole you can find to get yourself where you need to be. Because they surely are using every one they can find to stick it to us.

Don't you dare give up.  Don't do it to yourself.  Snap out of it this instant!!! 

A little tough love, and I hope it works.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! ;-)

I know where you're coming from. Fortunately, you can win this battle.

The key to avoiding late charges on CCs is to manage and pay your accounts online. Contact Wells-Fargo. You can do this even on a low-limit card. Last month I had a balance of $1 on one of my credit cards, and $9 on the other, duly reported to the CRAs. How did I do it? Careful management and use of online payment systems. I could engineer my balances down to the penny, and so can you.
Message 6 of 15
Valued Member

I don't usually post I spend my time retaining alot of this information or at least what I deem vital, but your frustration concerns me. Hey I've been working witha $250 credit limit for the longest with Citi Bank and trust me it blows. I'm living on an account age average of 4 years and have numerous amounts of hard inquiries. I was denied back and forth for credit and credit increases. So instead I decided to play the credit game. I'm not quite understanding where everyone is getting the idea that keeping their utilization rate between 1-9 percent is what they HAVE to do to obtain good scores but hey I'll tell you it's non sense. Creditors see anything below 30% as good credit managment and usage. I use the low limit credit card for the same thing every month, to pay my 50 dollar cell phone bill automatically, the same time every month. And pay the balance off in full with the money you would have used to pay your phone bill with cash. I really recommend you check out phillip tirone's 7 steps to 720. It will explain all what seems to be a blur right now.

TransUnion - 722
Equifax - 712
Experian - 718

The best you could do is to create a budget and stick to it. I have student loans, paid installment loans, and a few revolving accounts. My debt to income ratio is pretty good, MYFICO offers great advice and tools such as the score simulations. Don't let the stresses and hardships of trying to obtain credit and build credit be the end for you. Take it one step at a time with what you can do. Hey i'll tell you what, I would like to think I have pretty ok scores but I still get denied because though we know the exact percentages the FICO formula uses, NO ONE but FICO knows the combination in how it is being applied. It's a strange paradox, in order to build credit you need credit but can't get credit without good credit history and credit scores. Just please don't become a cash only citizen, play the game a little longer to experience the power of GOOD CREDIT.Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Jontevius wrote:
 I'm not quite understanding where everyone is getting the idea that keeping their utilization rate between 1-9 percent is what they HAVE to do to obtain good scores but hey I'll tell you it's non sense. Creditors see anything below 30% as good credit managment and usage.

Hmm - I beg to differ:

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Jontevius wrote:
I don't usually post I spend my time retaining alot of this information or at least what I deem vital, but your frustration concerns me. Hey I've been working witha $250 credit limit for the longest with Citi Bank and trust me it blows. I'm living on an account age average of 4 years and have numerous amounts of hard inquiries. I was denied back and forth for credit and credit increases. So instead I decided to play the credit game. I'm not quite understanding where everyone is getting the idea that keeping their utilization rate between 1-9 percent is what they HAVE to do to obtain good scores but hey I'll tell you it's non sense. Creditors see anything below 30% as good credit managment and usage. I use the low limit credit card for the same thing every month, to pay my 50 dollar cell phone bill automatically, the same time every month. And pay the balance off in full with the money you would have used to pay your phone bill with cash. I really recommend you check out phillip tirone's 7 steps to 720. It will explain all what seems to be a blur right now.

TransUnion - 722
Equifax - 712
Experian - 718

The best you could do is to create a budget and stick to it. I have student loans, paid installment loans, and a few revolving accounts. My debt to income ratio is pretty good, MYFICO offers great advice and tools such as the score simulations. Don't let the stresses and hardships of trying to obtain credit and build credit be the end for you. Take it one step at a time with what you can do. Hey i'll tell you what, I would like to think I have pretty ok scores but I still get denied because though we know the exact percentages the FICO formula uses, NO ONE but FICO knows the combination in how it is being applied. It's a strange paradox, in order to build credit you need credit but can't get credit without good credit history and credit scores. Just please don't become a cash only citizen, play the game a little longer to experience the power of GOOD CREDIT.Smiley Happy

No one said you need to be 1-9% for good scores. Being at 1-9% is just the "sweet spot" if you will.
Message 9 of 15
Valued Member

OK, understand that it's all about the context. I'm saying that it's not IMPERATIVE you maintain a utilization rate of 1-9 percent to receive positive results from your FICO scores. I'm simply looking at this as a realist. With a $250 credit limit I don't think I would enjoy "buying packs of bubble gum" every billing cycle to stay in that 1-9 margin. I'd rather put the card toward something useful where I can leave it and allow it to work itself responsibly paying a bill of some sort. And notice I said for a $250 credit limit. And your experiment still isn't  thoroughly researched and proven to be what make works for every individual seeking credit relief.Smiley Happy Thank you, Tah tah...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.