Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to buy a house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to buy a house

The past Spring, I attended a first time homebuyer session.  I have pulled my reports, disputed a few collections and paid a few collections.  I start out score 535 today's score 590.  I am just wondering if I need to purchase anything else besides the score watcher for Eq only.  The bank told me to get my score to 580 and come back to see them, well I passed the 580 and I really don't want a high interest rate.  My rental lease will go into effect October 1st so I in for the rental for another year and I really need to work on getting my credit up so next year this time - I want to be happy moving into my own home.  Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to buy a house

Hi sweetclh,
What I am doing for monitoring my scores is pulling my 3 myfico reports once a month(except for today, see earlier post). I also subscribe to TC for daily pulls, put some folks are getting kick off for excessive pulls.
Depending on what the rest of the picture looks like for your reports, you may want to post info from them(minus any personal information) and let the folks here take a swing at providing suggestions.
i.e. Credit Card Utilization, Lates, any negative info.
Try the GW letters for the paid collections to get them removed.
Try PFD letters for any outstanding collections(if any).

I think that with in a years time you could possibly be in the upper 600's, again depending on your situation.

Regards
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.