cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was evicted and judgement placed 4 years ago.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was evicted and judgement placed 4 years ago.

I pulled my credit reports from all 3 and noticed that the eviction civil judgement was there from Feb 2004.  The lawyer who I lost to has inquired on all of my Credit Reports in February 2008.  Does anyone know why he's doing this?  Is he going to try to collect?  It was a $4950.00 judgement against me. What are my options? My wages have never been garnished (California Franchise Tax tried to garnish but I showed them my taxes and they went away).  How long will I live with this?  I also have one Chapter 13 Bankruptcy that has 0 dollar liability. Stays on until Sept 2009.  Is this possible to remove?

If I start asking to "reverify" this judgement, will I be waking up the behemoth lawyer and then he come after me?  What should I do? 

I have a lot of inquiries on my CR from collection agencies.  Also I have not had a Credit Card since the Bankruptcy in Feb 2004 nor have I applied for any credit cards.

I noticed on Craig's List there are services there that claim they can have judgements and Bankruptcy's removed.  Any truth to that?

I am new. Thank you in advance.  Any help would be appreciated............

Message Edited by iimage on 04-17-2008 01:00 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was evicted and judgement placed 4 years ago.

iimage wrote:
I pulled my credit reports from all 3 and noticed that the eviction civil judgement was there from Feb 2004.  The lawyer who I lost to has inquired on all of my Credit Reports in February 2008.  Does anyone know why he's doing this? 

Likely to get current information about you. Address, phone number, employer, etc.

Is he going to try to collect? 

Good possibility.

It was a $4950.00 judgement against me. What are my options? 

If the judgment is legit the only option you have is to pay it.

My wages have never been garnished (California Franchise Tax tried to garnish but I showed them my taxes and they went away).  How long will I live with this? 

It will remain on your CR for 7 years from the date it was filed. Some states have certain time lengths for collecting on judgments and some states allow judgments to be removed. You need to find out the laws regarding judgments in your state. I'd google or look at your state's website.

I also have one Chapter 13 Bankruptcy that has 0 dollar liability. Stays on until Sept 2009.  Is this possible to remove?

If I start asking to "reverify" this judgement, will I be waking up the behemoth lawyer and then he come after me?  What should I do? 

I have a lot of inquiries on my CR from collection agencies.  Also I have not had a Credit Card since the Bankruptcy in Feb 2004 nor have I applied for any credit cards.

I noticed on Craig's List there are services there that claim they can have judgements and Bankruptcy's removed.  Any truth to that?

Highly doubt they can do anything you can't do.

I am new. Thank you in advance.  Any help would be appreciated............

Message Edited by iimage on 04-17-2008 01:00 AM

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.