Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was in shock!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in shock!

I want to say I have finally made it over that 700 plateau and I did it with style. I tried to purchase all three scores with credit reports from MYFICO.COM but was only given EX because I guess I still have a freeze on EQ and TU accounts due to the identity theft years ago so no score was given but when EX popped up it was a 746....I **bleep** near fell out my chair when I saw that and was just shocked because I figured I was around 710-715....I want to say thanks for all the knowledge I got on here from everyone whether I asked you a question or just read your responses to other people that asked something I may have wanted to ask. Funny thing is I had my credit issues all between the end of Dec 03 and beginning of 04 til around March but since then I have been on time, paid more then the minimum on all accounts and paid off my car but these are the messages I had on there that said what was effecting my score negatively, lol.... # You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or a derogatory description on your credit report. The presence of a serious delinquency or a derogatory description [?] is a powerful predictor of future payment risk - people with previous late payments are much more likely to pay late in the future. However, as these items age and fall off of your credit report, their impact on your FICO score will gradually decrease. Most late payments stay on your report for no more than seven years. Very few FICO High Achievers [?], about 1%, have a 60 days late payment or worse listed on their credit report. # You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions. Your FICO score takes into account missed and late payments in a few ways. These include the number of late payments, how late they were and how recently they occurred. Your score was hurt because your credit report shows multiple accounts with missed payments or derogatory descriptions [?]. So even with a high score they still let you know that your past issues are always noted, that is til I hit that 7 year mark and then the scores will really be high, but thats not for another 41 months or 3.5 years.....Thanks again to everyone
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was in shock!

Well done.

This is evidence that is really is a risk model- not just a punishment for past mistakes model-

After 3 and a half years of paying on time FICO KNOWS
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Timothy. You've answered a few questions for me not too mention the answers others asked you that you answered. Thanks again
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome-
I have a slim chance of making it over 700 by the end of the year-

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Timothy. You've answered a few questions for me not too mention the answers others asked you that you answered. Thanks again

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!
Message 5 of 8
Becca

Fist of all...WOW!! That score is great!
Second of all...I'm new on here and I have one account that has a delinquent payment history. The account was paid and is closed.
Did you get the negative info removed, or did you just let the time go by so it isn't affecting your score as much?                                  
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Becca.....Honestly the negative history is still there but since its from 3 1/2 years ago I guess FICO doesn't really see it as an issue as long as I pay every month on time and Ive always paid more then the minimum. I keep my utilization no higher then 9% since that seems to be that magic number everyone comments about. Also I had a collection account (identity theft) that was deleted since the CA couldn't validate it so I think that helped my score out a lot also
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job, Congratulations!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.