Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was stupid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was stupid

Apperantly when i moved from maine to georgia a few years ago i left a balance of around $112 on my verizon phone bill and they just got around to reporting it on my credit report i took what looks like a 35-40 point hit because of it. Once i realized i called and of course paid it. My question is will i get all those points back once they post it as paid in full or will it only be marginal and how will it actually be left on my credit report or is it removed thankjs in advance
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I was stupid

Was Verizon reporting it or was it a CA? Who did you pay, Verizon or a CA?

Sorry to say, even tho paid it is still a derogatory and you won't get a score recovery, but paid looks better to creditors.

Suggest you try a GW (goodwill) letter to try to have it removed from your CR, tho I think I've read Verizon is not  GW friendly.

Hopefully others who have dealt with Verizon will offer their thoughts. 

edit- just searched the forum, seems GW does work for some with Verizon. Search for Verizon GW.

GL

arcus1969 wrote:
Apperantly when i moved from maine to georgia a few years ago i left a balance of around $112 on my verizon phone bill and they just got around to reporting it on my credit report i took what looks like a 35-40 point hit because of it. Once i realized i called and of course paid it. My question is will i get all those points back once they post it as paid in full or will it only be marginal and how will it actually be left on my credit report or is it removed thankjs in advance

Message Edited by Anderson on 03-24-2008 07:23 PM
Message 2 of 3
bint-bilady
Regular Contributor

Re: I was stupid

Ask an expert! in which case that would be me!

on 03/19 I filed a complaint via PFB website and right on the 20th a nice lady from the president office called me and informed me that they had recived my letter and they went a head and requested removal of this charged off record from the CRA files. she sent me a signed letter and I recived it this afternoon... I enourage you to go a head and send a letter/complaint and you should be fine....

Good luck and keep us updated

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.