Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID theft/ripped off by a family member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ID theft/ripped off by a family member

Send the kid to a sweatshop until the debt is paid.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look punk, these Gucci bags gotta be on the street in Hong Kong by Monday, chop chop, haha, good idea.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been highly distracted but I had to pop back in to say, just wow - So much good and helpful information. I really want to thank all of you, in particular those who took the time to read the OP and give such thoughtful, cerebral advice - that is appreciated more than you know. I'm not going to name any particulars because I don't want to leave anyone out accidentally. This post was tremendously helpful not only to me but I'm sure many future lurkers. Lots of empowering info in one place.

THANK YOU!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW and myself many years ago were victims of a large million dollar plus id scam pulled by a relative. Because of the dollar amount we were involved during the entire process. We asked the DA to let them have extended community service and no jail time. They did this because of the children. Otherwise we would have ended up with their kids while they were in jail.   Most of the damage we got undone with limited effort as we could show we out of the country however a few required a police report and actually fought us.  In our case the relative refinanced properties with cash out, sold properties, sold our cars, house and even sold  our business and closed our bank accounts. This is the same persons I have posted about who last  year filed a fake tax return using our info to create a tax  lien.  I posted about this.     I feel for  you .  Good luck 

Message 14 of 15
JVille
Valued Contributor

Sounds like this particular relative needed a long Jail sentence! Hope you made that possible. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.