Valued Member
stealth71

ID theft services

Does anyone use ID theft services such as Identity Guard, Lifelock, etc? If so, what do you think of their services, and is it worth it. Have you ever found their services actually workd to alert you to any potential fraudulent activities. I'm thinking of enrolling in one of these services, I just don't know which one.
Valued Contributor
Guardian

Re: ID theft services

I personally would never recommend them both from personal experience and those of others. You are putting the power to collect way too much information about yourself in the hands of a third party with no way to be sure of their practices, people they have working for them and future disposition of the company. I would advise against them strongly and say just that if you choose to do this, make sure and please do your homework and know exactly what they do, how they do and what happens to your information. You are giving them a limited power of attorney to do thing on your behalf and how will you be sure they will do what is absolutely in YOUR interest. Good luck.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: ID theft services

I do not recommend lifelock. Honestly they are offering services in which you can do by yourself. The whole reducing junk offers from creditors is something you can do by going to optourprescreen.com. The fraud alerts is something you can do with each credit reporting agency by writing a letter to each one of them or by making a call to their automated answering service. And the cost for doing those things are free!

However, IMO I enjoy credit monitoring services. I have truly bennefited greatly from it by knowing who has been using my name to apply for credit. I have had 2 people use my name in the past to obtain a service contract from sprint and seek an upscale apartment. I have credit monitoring service to thank. As well, it helps me get on top of my credit. 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}