Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF YOU GET SUED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF YOU GET SUED

and it is past SOL -- say I don't owe the debt on your response (you don't they have no legal right to collect) YOU DON'T OWE IT!!!!. You must 'appear' in court - and either submit a written (3 copies - YOU, 1-Judge/Court, 1-Plaintiff) Motion to DIsmiss for "Statute of Limitations  has expired" or make a verbal motion.  Judge will review what paperwork you have or the plaintiff's (if they even have any) - it may take a whole 30 seconds because he is looking for only 1 thing (Cause of Action date) might ask a few questions - and then dismiss it for 'cause' --- meaning they can never re-file and if they do you just toodle on  into court with the dismissal and it goes bye-bye again - and then sue the crap out of them for hasrrassment, false filings, etc (and file complaints with the bar too).

An expired SOL defense is the most slam dunk that there is - don't mess it up.

There are exceptions to SOL having run (called Tolling) - but if the creditor never tried to file before SOL expired then you win, If they tried to file and couldn't serve you tolling may be in effect,  If they bought the debt after SOL expired they are S-O-L (the other one).

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 02-10-2008 06:27 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Re: IF YOU GET SUED

Thanks for posting I have written before because I am getting sued as you know and when and if I get my day in court I will definitely mention that it is SOL and I was never notified. Thanks again Lady_Scarlet.
Message 2 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Lady Scarlett is the bomb!
Message 3 of 6
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Be careful I said she was the bomb in another thread and my post got zapped, but really SHE IS DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by gdtobefree on 02-10-2008 08:39 PM
Message 4 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

lol, let me translate Lady Scarlett is truly resourceful and extremely helpful, she knows what she speaks of, and she does it with grace lol!
Message 5 of 6
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Who's better then her. Not many I must say. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.