Re: INQUIRY DELETION?

Smiley Happy

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-01-2007 08:51 AM

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-01-2007 11:32 AM
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont mean to sound ignorant but..... how do I dispute an unautorized inquiry?  Do I just write to the CRAs and tell them that each specific inquiry was not approved by me?  Is that how it works?  please be more specific as I am new to this and dont want to waste any time doing things wrong.  thx!
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally had no success with getting inquiries removed that i had no idea about. I had some inquiries from people that i never dealt with.
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent letters to all three reporting aggencies to have some inquiries deleted that I had no idea who they were and had not given pp to request credit report and got letters back that they could not delete these and I would have to contact the inquiries myself to have them removed. Can they do this? I thought they had to remove them. These companies have no idea who I am and I have no idea how to contact them. Can someone give me some advice on this? Thanks.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

phone call to EQ - 2 INQ's gone in hours.
Message 16 of 22
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Understand there are possible negative consequences to disputing inquiries. You can end up with a 7 year fraud alert on your credit reports which can be a beech to remove. You can also lose a positive tradeline and you also run the risk of the lender doing serious AA maybe a massive CLD or even closure of your account(s). If you're OK with all that and still want to dispute to pick up a FICO point or three do a Google search on disputing Equifax inquiries and dig in. It can be done very simply and unless the inq is connected to a tradeline you can expect to get it deleted. Experian would require a fraud alert be placed on the account first. You can try a phone call with Transunion. The funniest part of this type of thing is the majority of folks trying to do this would be better served getting rid of the really bad lines on their reports. This is not a blanket condemnation but most people who do this reside sub 620 FICO.
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is inquiries that you did not initiate do not affect your score. This would be monthly checks by your credit cards, insurance companies & ccc that want to solicit your biz, etc. I have copies of my cr's, and each specifically states before the list of these inquiries that such inquiries have no impact on your score. I could be wrong, but that's how it appears... Does someone here know differently?

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed several inquiries with Experian and Transunion and sure enough a fraud alert was attached to my report without deleting the inquires.  Now I have to deal with this.  I did get a letter back from Equifax stating I would have to contact the company responsible for the inquiry myself. 
Message 19 of 22
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

<broken record> DO NOT DISPUTE INQs </broken record>

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.