Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALLMENT VS. COLLECTION

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

INSTALLMENT VS. COLLECTION

I have a collection from LVNV Funding listing under the installment section of my credit report...If I pay will it improve my score??????? Or, should I dispute...and have it moved to the collection section.... I also heard that after you pay LVNV Funding...you can dispute and they will not verify...so should I just pay it anyway...no one had it in letter form...but a few people had it removed this way...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: INSTALLMENT VS. COLLECTION

If it's in the installment section it is probably still listed with a jillion past-dues or collection. I don't think that will change - whether it's an installment collection or CC collection, it's still a collection.

I still encourage you to pay & then dispute, ESP if it's close to SOL. Or if you doubt me Smiley Happy Just call them & ask if they have this unwritten policy to not verify after PIF... just call & ask!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take anyones word for it...especially your because you have personal experience with them...I was just wondering because...I recent;y paid off a collection for a car loan installment...and it increased my score...well it increased EX a little...and TU update it as current...so it went up +24 pts...I'm going to settle next week...I might just use my stimulus check for it...thanks...and you said you waited a month after right...to dispute...
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. It was about a month. Just long enough for it to report as paid then I hit the dispute button as fast as I could.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...will do...I appreciate it...
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah...after I pay do you think EX will let me dispute...now they won't even let me dispute anything regarding LVNV Funding..because I have disputed it too many time in the past...now EX just send me a letter when I dispute it and say...they have already disputed and verified this account...so will I have to call and do a dispute over the phone..or fax...it's only reported by TU and EX....

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 04-25-2008 07:18 PM
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call & try to do it over the phone.
If that doesn't work, make the CRA MOV.
Message 7 of 13
Mythic850
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would call & try to do it over the phone.
If that doesn't work, make the CRA MOV.

What is MOV?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOV: Means writing a letter to the CRA after they have "verified" a collection and asking them to provide the information they received that led them to "verify" the account.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to DV the CA?   is it within SOL?  who owns the account?  what is the DOFD/DOLA
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.