Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Soft Pull

tag
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

IRS Soft Pull

As im checking my updated report, i realize that the IRS has made a SP on my report. Not too sure what to think about that. We did receive a CP2000 saying we owe but we are fighting it as my wife's school didnt report her tuition payments. But why pull my credit report. I kinda got that BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING feeling. not cool.

Amex EX FICO: 744 GE TU FICO: 716 Gardening:
Amex Everyday 5.5k | Amex BCE 2k | Citi DP 6k | Amazon Rewards 2.5k | Walmart DC 1.2k | Best Buy Rewards 4k | Cap1 QSone 1k | NYMCU .5k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: IRS Soft Pull

@Bluegoldkeys wrote:

As im checking my updated report, i realize that the IRS has made a SP on my report. Not too sure what to think about that. We did receive a CP2000 saying we owe but we are fighting it as my wife's school didnt report her tuition payments. But why pull my credit report. I kinda got that BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING feeling. not cool.

They are watching.   Cat Surprised

Seriously, there's little to nothing you can do about the IRS pulling your reports.    At least it was only a soft pull though.   

I hope that you can get it worked out with them.   If you end up having to pay, they are usually very flexible with payment plans.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IRS Soft Pull

If I had to guess from my own back and forth with the IRS and looking at their transcript logs, they may pull a report as part of their check on the collectability of a debt: debts can be placed into an unncollectable status, and while I would think it would principally be on recent tax filings for income, a modern credit report could indicate asset usage which doesn't show up elsewhere in their traditional database.  Would think though that would only occur 3 years after filing.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.