Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS blocking CR inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS blocking CR inquiries?

Has anyone ever heard of the IRS blocking inquires for CR's?  If so, why would the IRS do so?  I'm on an installment plan (since June 2011) and recently requested a CR and was unable to do so from TU and EX.  However, in March of 2011 I had no problem requesting my free annual CR.  I was wondering if my installment plan is the cause for a block.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: IRS blocking CR inquiries?

You were trying to request a free report or trying to pay for your report?  If you got your free reports in March '11, you can't get another free one until March '12.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I was going to pay for them. (I never printed the free CRs, big mistake) I am in the process of hopefully rebuilding my credit.  I decided to bite the bullet and pay for my CRs to know exactly whats on them.  I'm new to the credit world and am feeling a little lost...

Message 3 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Hmmm.  I don't know why you can't access it.  I've never heard of IRS blocking, but you could fill a book with things I've never heard of that are nevertheless true without even trying that hard.  Hopefully someone else will come along and help you soon.

If you do figure out what the problem is and are able to get it corrected, if all you're looking to do is access your report for the information, you could get a free look at your EX report through Quizzle. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch!  Hopefully someone will have some insight.  I'm going to try again this evening maybe it was just some sort of fluke.  Who knows!  I had just happened to hear that a my local watering hole...

Message 5 of 9
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Did you call Trans or EX to see what the block is for ?

i had access to my yearly free report last week but it kept timing out and wasn't able to fully look at it..after me having to sign

in and out several times it said I already recieved my free report.

So I decided to just pay for my reports for EX and Trans..well I was locked out.

I called Trans this past Monday and explained what happened with my free report (thinking that was the problem) but it wasn't. Somehow

someone put a freeze on my account due to CC's being reported lost .( I don't even have a CC....Go Figure )  After verifying myself Trans unlocked it

and said it will also unlock EX. You have to call..i tried verifying myself online and via auto phone and it wouldn't work.

Few minutes later I was abled to get in .

Call Trans and see if there's a bogus freeze on your account....they were very pleasant to speak to.

PS:I was on a payment plan with the IRS (Too Lazy to do my taxes) years ago and they never locked my credit

report. They did take any returns I had coming the next year without deducting it from my payment plan..what a mess that was to get that money back.

Now I'm again behind 1 year in tax filing Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Thanks Bluerain!!  I'm going to try again before I call any of the bureaus.  Will follow up!

Message 7 of 9
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!  Thanks Bluerain!!  I'm going to try again before I call any of the bureaus.  Will follow up!

Yes please do update..it helps others ..Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I tried again for any CRs through myFICO with no luck.  Once again I got a message explaining there was not enough information to meet the minimum requirements to generate a report or score.   However, I did get a "3 in 1" report through Equifax.  Not exactly what I was expecting but it will do for now.  Not too sure what the problem was through myFICO.  Thanks for all the help guys Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.