Did you mean: 

IS Credit Report hurt my score???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IS Credit Report hurt my score???

Hi~! Everyone...

I'm just curious one thing.

I'm buying my credit score from 3 bureaus every 2month.

Is this hurt my credit score? Should I check every year?

I heard, when I check my own score from myfico.com never hurt my score but I'm not sure, Also when I get  my report from the EQ it showed my own inquiry doesn't effect my score...Hmmm

Thanks advance for reply..

Good Luck ~! Have a good day and night~!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IS Credit Report hurt my score???

Whether you're buying paper copies direct from the CRAs, pulling using a 3-in-1 like TC, or pulling using MyFico, they are all soft pulls and will not hurt your credit. I do daily pulls with TC.

Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Checking your own credit will NEVER hurt your score.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard from a few people that if one signs up for the Credit Monitoring say through people like Capital One that it wrecks/reduces your credit - please advise.  I do not monitor, just pull it every six months.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

beach123 wrote:
I heard from a few people that if one signs up for the Credit Monitoring say through people like Capital One that it wrecks/reduces your credit - please advise.  I do not monitor, just pull it every six months.

Thanks!

I wouldn't sign up for credit monitoring through Cap1.  there is no proof that monitoring your own credit will cause anything.  All the inquiries are soft.  Maybe it hurts you through cap1 simply because they know you're using it because you're a customer.  That makes no sense though if they want to sell their product.  I have a daily monitoring service and the effects have been more positive than negative

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur that doing your own pulls doesn't harm you. My daily TC pulls (like Noah) don't show up on my inquiries through TC or MyFico. However the last time I got a paper report back from TU (which they'll send following any dispute) I had like 3 pages of soft pulls! That was kinda funny. TC is operated by TU which I guess was the reason.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-07-2007 12:08 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for Reply~!!!

Thank you everyone....

I was really curious about that, then I had an answer.

I will check my credit report regullarly.

Thanks again.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.