cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS IT BEST TO DISPUTE WITH CSC ONLINE OR THRU THE MAIL?

tag
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

IS IT BEST TO DISPUTE WITH CSC ONLINE OR THRU THE MAIL?

I finally got registered online with CSC after 6 or 7 attempts. I hearing a lot of horror stories with this company. Are we getting more success through mail or online? Or, does it even matter?

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: IS IT BEST TO DISPUTE WITH CSC ONLINE OR THRU THE MAIL?

I have had good success w/ CSC Credit Services online.  You should get a report # and a phone # w/ your report that you are disputing.  If you don't get the results you are looking for after the dispute is final, you can call them.  I did....EQ is my highest score, and I believe this is because CSC handles my area instead of EQ directly.

I am having problems w/ EQ right now, but, it has nothing to do w/ CSC. 

Good luck!Smiley Happy
takin' it one day at a time
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have had nothing but success with CSC credit. The best thing is that they are not in hiding like EX, TU, or the main part of EQ. If I ever have a question about anything I see on an EQ credit report I call them right up. I call them when I get an alert I don't agree with, be it from myFICO scorewatch or TrueCredit. Of course I don't tell them where I get my info just that it's on my EQ credit report.

I call them at 1-800-305-7868. You immediately get an operator and should ask for "consumer services," the lady politely says "yes sir/mam" and then another polite person asks how they can help you. And they actually do! Everyone else needs to watch out. Someone actually knows how to treat a customer.

As a matter of fact, CITI received one of my GW letters and sent me a letter back saying that they won't afjust but do understand and will notify the CRAs that I am disputing the accuracy of the account. I was like what the heck! So I called the number up and was talking to someone about this within 20 seconds. That was today by the way.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

igdycsmG6 wrote:
I finally got registered online with CSC after 6 or 7 attempts. I hearing a lot of horror stories with this company. Are we getting more success through mail or online? Or, does it even matter?

BY MAIL!!!  Send it CMRRR, this will get their attention and they will have to respond.  After many attempts of disputing online, etc., I finally did CMRRR with them and got my stuff taken care of.  They are super slow but they will eventually take care of it for you.

Make sure you make copies of what documentation you have to back up your request and send that with as well.  Make sure you include your complete name, address, SS#, the account name/number it is in reference to and clearly state what you need corrected.

And I agree with the horror stories, they suck! Smiley Mad  You just have to be patient and they will eventually take care of things.  Good Luck!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I didn't have as good of an experience as the previous poster in contacting CSC on the phone.  The rep  that I talked to had MAJOR attitude and didn't give a *bleep* about my situation or try to help AT ALL.  It was very frustrating, actually!!

So, from my personal experience I guess I would avoid calling them.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.