Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Guard question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Identity Guard question

I can't find where to update my report and scores? Where do you do this at? and how often can you do so? Is it like the once every 24 hours that TC used to have?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Re: Identity Guard question

I signed up for the 30 day trial last week. I was under the impression that I would get daily updates especially since the regular price is $17.99. After I logged in the second day and see that I couldn't do another pull I looked over the website closer and found that they only give you QUARTERLY credit reports/fako scores. WHAT I JOKE!

I emailed them the next day and said I wanted to cancel and they said I had to call their CS # to cancel. How ridiculous considering I signed up online and gave them my cc without having to talk to anyone. This service sucks. Go and sign up for CreditCheck Total and call a few days later and say you want to cancel and they will give it to you for $9.95/m for 6 months and get DAILY CRs!

-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI -

If you go thru Costco.com website (under sevices)  and sign up for idenity guard it is only $7.49 a month/ executive member. 

I signed up myself with my costco account. then i used the same costco member# to sign up my friend ( even though she was not on my card)

HOPE THAT HELPS everyone!! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It willshow up after 30 days to get a new score or report.

It is on the main page (grayed out until the 30 days)

under NEW CREDIT REPORT & SCORE

Message 4 of 7
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Be aware .. the company that runs Identity Guard is called Intersections. They're based in Virginia. They offer comparable credit monitoring services for some of the banks like Citibank and Capital One. But unfortunately the banks bury that fact in the fine print in the terms and conditions

Several years ago when I canceled Intersections' credit monitoring for Capital One customers, the agent in the cancellation department tried to convince me not to cancel by telling me the misinformation that when you order your credit report yourself that's a hard inquiry.
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 02-04-2009 10:03 PM
Message 5 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Just cancelled Idenity Guard and the very very young nice sounding girl Casey tried her hardest to read her screen in an attempt to "save" me.  I had started up a CMS with USAA; however, after reading above that costco gets such a savings, I may go through costco.com and sign up for the $8/mo plan then CANCEL usaa - lol, the choices.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:

Just cancelled Idenity Guard and the very very young nice sounding girl Casey tried her hardest to read her screen in an attempt to "save" me.  I had started up a CMS with USAA; however, after reading above that costco gets such a savings, I may go through costco.com and sign up for the $8/mo plan then CANCEL usaa - lol, the choices.

Funny...I just called them today myself. They provide just quarterly reports, right?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.