Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification for New Signing

tag
tacos

Identity Verification for New Signing

Hi Everyone

I signed up for the credit monitoring service and the system failed to verify my identity, I called the myFico customer service and they unlocked my account 2 times so I can re-order still without any success, my credit history is only 5 months old however I was able to pull my credit reports and scores from the three credit bureaus direct and from credit karma.

The myFico CSR eventually gave up and told me my credit data is locked and there is nothing she can do.

Any ideas?

Did the credit bureaus really locked my data, or did they locked for myFico?

I called transunion and told everything is fine, more over I can use other services to pull my credit.

TransUnion 730
Experian 712
Equifax 715
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Identity Verification for New Signing

Welcome! FICO does have minimum scoring requirements. If your history is only 5 months old, it wouldn't be possible to order any myFICO product or pull a FICO from anywhere. However on April 1 your history turns 6 and then a score would be possible (assuming it's 5 mo. now).

Here's the minimum scoring requirements for a FICO:

· At least one account that has been open for six months or more
· At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
· No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

As you mentioned, it's possible to order credit reports from elsewhere. In fact other places like experian.com and transunion.com will sell you reports and scores. Unfortunately the scores they sell are not FICO scores. They are FAKOs (non-FICOs) and lenders don't use them. Ignore them, IMO.

Message 2 of 3
tacos

Re: Identity Verification for New Signing

Fantastic, thanks for the reply!

i will be back in a month. 

TransUnion 730
Experian 712
Equifax 715
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.