Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity theft help needed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Identity theft help needed!

Hello! I am a victim of identity theft and I have done all the proper procedures such as filing a identity theft report with the FTC, local PD, and contacting the credit reporting agency's,

All of the CRA (other then EQ theyre usually slow for me) have removed the accounts and have told me not to worry, but today I got the letter from the creditor (Barclays) and they wrote "after investigating we stand that there was no identity theft in question" I sent them the letter via USPS and had a tracking ID on it, my ID theft report and 2 forums of id along with my local PD ID theft report got to them on 12/23, they sent me this letter on 12/23 so I don't think they even investigated it!

So since the CRA have all removed it do I still have to worry? I have never missed a payment in my life and don't think I should pay one cent of the $5,000 in question! I hate the fact I spent $50 on shipping to 4 different locations!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Identity theft help needed!

Make sure you follow up with Barclay, the fact their letter was dated same day you sent out your verification sounds very likely they made their decision without your proof.

Open a new case if necessary, be on hold ti you get a supervisor, etc etc, don't let it go!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No my letter was delivered to their fraud department PO Box on 12/23, and they sent this out on 12/23 and I just received it today stating that "there was no identity theft in question" they did not even bother to investigate! I printed out the delivery date and have this letter... either they have better investigators then the CIA or they didn't !
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I should send them another letter?
Message 4 of 5
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

I'd send a certified letter to them again. I'd call as well. Did they offer any explanation of how they came to their conclusion? Assuming it's a genuine ID theft and there's no reason to not believe it is, their response would anger me to put it mildly.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.