Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If CA doesn't follow-up with PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If CA doesn't follow-up with PFD

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, I couldn't find it. If so, just point me there. If not, any help is appreciated.

Just starting on this whole credit repair journey and want to try a few PFD letters. I'm wondering what you do if you get the CA to agree to the PFD, but they never followup and actually delete the collection? Where do you go from there to make sure it gets removed?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If CA doesn't follow-up with PFD

You have little recourse if you did not get it in writing.

If you have it in writing, you can send them a copy of the letter, along with your proof of payment and remind them that they're supposed to delete.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, assuming the agreement is in writing.

I guess my point is, just because the CA says they'll delete, how can I enforce that from my end?

(keeping in mind we're talking small amounts - all under $120 and additional costs to pursue it don't seem very worthy)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

jobber73 wrote:

I guess my point is, just because the CA says they'll delete, how can I enforce that from my end?

(keeping in mind we're talking small amounts - all under $120 and additional costs to pursue it don't seem very worthy)

Because if you have it in writing what you have is a legally binding contract, with which you can then take legal action.
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

jobber73 wrote:

If you have the PFD in writing on the CA's letterhead your fine. If they pull a fast one on you and report it anyway, then you will need to dispute it with the CRA that reports it. Dispute it as not mine and attach the CA's letter.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, got it.

Thanks for the replies. Wish me luck!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.