cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Your Credit Rating Allowed It, Which CC Must U Have!

tag
sl
Established Contributor

Re: If Your Credit Rating Allowed It, Which CC Must U Have!

At one time the AMEX Platinum was invitiation also.  Cost is like $450 year now.  Is it still by invite only?
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna go for the Hooters card in a couple months. Just as a conversation piece.
Message 12 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
I'm gonna go for the Hooters card in a couple months. Just as a conversation piece.

I use my Hooters card for groceries, church functions, ect. It's a riot.
Message 13 of 26
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have got the one I want - airline miles from Chase.  Horrible interst rates, but I don't pay finance charges  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got approved for Hooters with a TU score of 572. 1K CL.

Not exactly sure how much AF thou.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ted Underhill's American Express card. Want the number?
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My vote would be for Visa Signature or World Mastercard, depending on the terms given by the issuer, even with a FICO of 850.

I didn't see much in the forums yet about World Mastercards (nor yet that supposedly pinnacle Saks 5th Ave World Elite card) in particular, but that Continental World from Chase is excellent if you fly that airline a lot, for sure. I just became a World holder of Chase's Freedom line (you can find the Platinum version on their website) at a fixed 10% purchase APR, no annual fee. Not the greatest APR, but as usual, APR is meaningless if one doesn't revolve balances. Chase gives what is called a "credit access line" (what I will label as CAL) rather then CL, and I'll learn next month if they report that to the bureaus as the CL. A CAL is simply the maximum one can revolve on a no pre-set spending limit card. I have prior MC and Visa platinum experience with Chase, which is probably one of the things required to be invited but, oh alas, I'm not part of the junior CEOs club earning $125k per annum (required for a number of Signature cards, according to places like Bankrate and Wikipedia). Maybe one day I'll qualify for a Signature card, but a World seemed a pretty good stepping stone at age 29.

As for the Amex Centurion card (or Black card), the thought of that $2500 annual fee curdles the milk sitting happily in my fridge. I suspect Centurion beats out Signature and World in the long run benefit-wise and how far it could up the angle of a less-than-humble nose Smiley Tongue, but the majority of the CC-using world (outside of the US, UK, and Canada) doesn't take Amex, Discover, or Diner's. In recent travels, the #1 acceptable contender appeared to be Visa in South Africa (2005) and Mastercard in Ireland (2002).
Message 17 of 26
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Kind of off-topic, but I found out Bill Gates has a Starwood card. I wonder if he started with Delta.. only after rebuilding with Orchard of course. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 26
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Bll Gates also still flies commerical coach too.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your score that low - did they charge an outrageous annual fee?

Thx!
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.