cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my info stays the same how can the score be different?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If my info stays the same how can the score be different?

I know you won't allow this thread but I had to try anyway. I have run my report more than once and received different scores. How is that possible? The computer is a machine. It cannot think. It does what the program tells it to do. Is that right?
I f you run the exact same data thru and the "program" is working properly the results can NOT be different.
Therefore If the info is the same and the computer is the same the reason the conclusion is not is the "program".

Does your program ever get changed? Are there any little bugs that have to be fixed or is the program you are running now identical to the original.?
If the answer to either questions is yes then then the scores you sold prior to the "FIX" were incorrect. When these little "bugs" are found do you notify all the people who paid for error scores? Do you notify their creditors who made decisions based on wrong scores you gave them??

Just thought I would ask. By the way I worked in programming for over 30 years so don't tell  me the programs are perfect. LOL'
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: If my info stays the same how can the score be different?

You might want to move this over to the MyFico product Q and A board here:

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

posterbob wrote:
I have run my report more than once and received different scores.
What exactly do you mean by this statement?

Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It means I have obtained more than one and less than 3 copies of my score. You know what it means. This is a well known problem that has happened to many people. I would prefer to have someone answer the question rather than examine the post looking for syntactical errors. Thanks.
Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be helpful if you could be more specific.

Do you get 2 or more FICO scores on the same day?

Were they from EX, EQ, or TU, or from two of these?

Did you get them from myfico.com?

Did you get  FAKO scores?

There probably is a very logical explanation for the variance, but we have to start with what you mean by "score."  I'm not trying to be pedantic, but there's a world of difference out there in Scoreland.
Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@posterbob wrote:
It means I have obtained more than one and less than 3 copies of my score. You know what it means. This is a well known problem that has happened to many people. I would prefer to have someone answer the question rather than examine the post looking for syntactical errors. Thanks.

We would prefer to answer questions when there is sufficient information to work from. Your original post gives us no details whatsoever.

Which CRA(s) did you pull the report from, and on what dates? As you may or may not know, a significant part of FICO (and FAKO scoring) is age-related. Are you comparing reports from two different CRAs or the same CRA? Did any accounts update after one report was pulled and before another report was pulled? Were the reports purchased from the CRA(s) directly, through MyFico, through True Credit, or from another source? Is your last name Kelly? (Oops, skip that last one).

Anyway, answers to these questions and further details are needed before an explanation can be offered for the discrepancies you found.
Message 6 of 37
bsteelhammer

1. How far apart were the scores pulled. (Time affects scores)
2. Are scores pulled from the same source? (Most sites offer scores using different algorythms than the actual FICO scores.)
3. You notice, I still have to ask questions, therefore, you were not clearly explaining yourself, hence the need for more questions and clarification. Before getting miffed that someone asks for clarification, consider that perhaps what seems clear to you, is not clear to someone who is not in possession of all of your knowledge pertaining to the matter at hand.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

More info is needed.  How long apart did you pull your scores?  Were they from different agencies?

OOPS I guess we were all thinking the same thing.  You just beat me to the post.

Message Edited by monro411 on 07-05-2007 01:49 PM
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

posterbob wrote:

DANG NOAH_BODIE.....you know how to bring the best out in folks........LMAO.......Smiley Very Happy
BTW......I love reading your posts....always either very informative....or full of humor!!
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read entire post.  It it says that your score is like a snapshot of your credit.  Hope this helps.
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.