cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If report says account will fall off by a certain date, will it actually happen?

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

If report says account will fall off by a certain date, will it actually happen?

I have three adverse accounts.  Two of the three are showing that they will be removed later this year.  I'll address those first:

1) When the credit report shows the likely removal date, is that  generally accurate?

2) If an account is "scheduled" to be removed within a few months, is it better to leave it alone or to try to request full media? I have an account that I know is not really valid, but it is scheduled to drop in May.  I have another that is valid, with AMEX, and they are soft pulling me like crazy, why I don't know, but they are scheduled according to customer service AND the TU, to be removed in June.

3) and finally, do I have to call/request removal if the CRA is showing a removal date or leave it alone?

The other issue is ATT/ Palisades, and it is a doozy, so I will address it in a different post.

Thanks so much.  Smiley Happy 

Lisa 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: If report says account will fall off by a certain date, will it actually happen?

1). Yes

2). leave it alone.

3). leave it alone.

I can imagine you are anxious to get rid of those bad boys...........but.......patience is a virtue.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Re: If report says account will fall off by a certain date, will it actually happen?

They should automatically drop off. You don't want to mess with them at all if they are that close to disappearing, just leave them alone. At this point I'd be surprised if they are hurting you much, if at all.
Message 2 of 7
cobra19
Valued Contributor

1). Yes

2). leave it alone.

3). leave it alone.

I can imagine you are anxious to get rid of those bad boys...........but.......patience is a virtue.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 7
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

So if the report says the account should fall off by Feb 2009 and it hasn't, should you just wait until the end of Feb to see if it has fallen off?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one item on my Experian report scheduled to be removed Jan 2009. Come February it stated "Scheduled to be removed Feb 2009"

How long does this go on until ignoring it is not an option?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess no one has gone through this before? Perhaps I'm dealing with a CA playing reaging games but any input would be appreciated. Am I asking for trouble pointing this out as an obsolete account?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, it finally fell off without disputing it
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.