cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If unable to pull from one CRA, do they try another?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If unable to pull from one CRA, do they try another?

If a CCC or another creditor isn't able to pull your report or score from one of the CRAs, do they usually try a different one, or would they be much more likely to simply decline you at that point if they didn't pull it on their first try?

Does this depend on the creditor as well?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: If unable to pull from one CRA, do they try another?

@Anonymous wrote:

If a CCC or another creditor isn't able to pull your report or score from one of the CRAs, do they usually try a different one, or would they be much more likely to simply decline you at that point if they didn't pull it on their first try?

Does this depend on the creditor as well?

Yes, it varies by creditor.   Some will outright reject you, others will just put your application on hold or try another CRA.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they provide statement of permissible purpose, that is a self-certifying statement that CRAs dont challenge.

So I am a bit perplexed at why a CRA would decline, other than lack of permissible purpose.

Without a stated permissible purpose, no CRA can legally provide them your CR, so how could they then obtain it from another CRA?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

If they provide statement of permissible purpose, that is a self-certifying statement that CRAs dont challenge.

So I am a bit perplexed at why a CRA would decline, other than lack of permissible purpose.

Without a stated permissible purpose, no CRA can legally provide them your CR, so how could they then obtain it from another CRA?

I've never been able to view my Equifax credit report, because apparently they never had my SSN associated with my credit report.  I have since faxed them the information, however, it will still be a few days before they actually update it.  I was going to apply for an Amazon.com Visa Rewards Card, and I wanted to know if Chase would simply pull one of my other two reports (that are accessible and up-to-date with 700ish scores), or simply deny me if they couldn't get in to my Equifax report.

I suppose the best option would be to wait and apply later this week after EQ has their system updated, as it gives me the highest chances of getting accepted.

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I suppose the best option would be to wait and apply later this week after EQ has their system updated, as it gives me the highest chances of getting accepted.

That Smiley Wink

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.